Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock sensor rewiring help

Options
  • 07-05-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭

During some redecorating over the weekend a wire was cut to a door which is a spur from a shock sensor.

Running off this sensor was the connection to the door and another to a window. So I was unable to set the alarm due to it reporting an open zone.

I disconnected the wiring that's cut but can't figure out how to rewire what's remaining. There's a black and blue going back to the control panel side and coming from the window contacts are black and red.

What do I connect to within the sensor to get it working again without an open zone warning?

It's an Airtech CS350.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you post up a picture of the sensor where the cable is coming from and the sensor its going to .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Here's photos of how the sensor to which the wire from the sensor on the door with the cut wire, and also the contact sensors on the window, go into looked when I opened it up.
    450266.jpg

There's no tamper set up on it and the longest sheathing with the yellow wire coming out is the wiring I accidentally cut that I want removed from the equation. The sensor at the end of the cut wire is the same as the one in the photos, and it also interacts with a magnetic sensor contact sensor on a door.

The connection going straight up into the wall is the one going back towards the control panel

Don't know what happened to my previous photos, but anyway, here's what remaining after the cable to the cut wire was removed. There's a photo of the contact sensor coming from the window into the inertia one.

The wiring on the left with the black and red wire in use is the wiring to the window sensor. The wire on the right with the blue and black wire in use is the one returning to the control panel.

What I did, and it seems to work, is to wire the red wire from the window sensors into the right hand side of the square bit (don't know the technical term) with the circle on it, and the black wire that goes back towards the control panel into the left hand side. I then joined the black wire from the window sensor with the blue wire back to the control panel side. It detects an open window and will allow me to set the alarm when closed. No obvious issues or problems with what I done is there?

450265.jpg
    450264.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try this..

Join the 2 blacks together & wire into any spare block of the 4.
    Wire the red & blue to the sensor head on the bottom.

Does it matter what side the red and blue go into at the sensor head?

And would the fact that it seems to be ok with way I wired it just be a lucky coincidence?

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter which way its wired , as long as the 2 cores are from different cables. Likewise the 2 joined cores are from different cables.
    Its called series wiring.
    The only other thing is the sensor head must be aligned with the writing horizontal.

Thanks Koolkid. While testing the PIR that's facing the now disconnected door offers adequate coverage I realised that it's only active during a full guard, it's not active during a part guard.

Without the engineer code, how easy is it to change it so it's active for both without having to do a system reset? There's 2 PIRs in the house and I checked the log after triggering the beam and it just mentions Beams so they may be in the same zone.

You would need engineer access to do this right.
    You could connect the PiRs into the existing perimeter zone.
    Its not good practice & certainly not 2 PiRs.

Cheers Koolkid, it'll have to do for now.

No problem.
    If you need anything else come back to us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement