Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of tenancy, Vodafone broadband contract.

Options
  • 07-05-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I’ve been renting at my current address for 4 years and my landlord served me with a termination of tenancy on the grounds that he doesn’t want to enter a further part 4. Obviously I was expecting to be here a lot longer and I got Vodafone Siro broadband installed. I contacted Vodafone and they said I would have to pay a termination fee of 500 at the time I leave here if I don’t have another address or I can’t transfer it to someone else. Does anyone know of a way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

testicles wrote: »

Have to agree with this after a bad situation with vodafone who alleged via a solicitor I owed them nearly E1000 when they had in fact cut me off
    for no reason a long time before.

I did reply but when a second envelope with the same name on it arrived?I was about to move house so I ignored the letter and left no forwarding addresss . They are not amenable to any rational thinking .. I was not with them and had not been for two years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

If you were to move to an address where they were unable to provide you with their services, would that get you out of the contact, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

Rothmans wrote: »
    If you were to move to an address where they were unable to provide you with their services, would that get you out of the contact, by any chance?

According to the person I spoke to from Vodafone I would still have to pay the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

Remove your phone number from your online account, cancel your direct debit, cancel the broadband, and don't tell Vodafone where you are moving to. Never use Vodafone again.

I would love to do that but I’ve a bill pay phone with them so they would get me that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

You need to find a new mobile provider as well then. Vodafone are trying their luck. Don't let them get away with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Except you'll have to rule out using eir, Three or Voda as they share information about anyone who is in arrears for over 90 days

https://www.eir.ie/credit-insights/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Vodafone are trying their luck. Don't let them get away with it...

The OP signed up for a contract with vf of course they are going to try and get their money, that's not trying their luck.
    That said I do have sympathy for OP its crap situation to be in but vodafone aren't at fault here.

• Advertisement

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    I’ve been renting at my current address for 4 years and my landlord served me with a termination of tenancy on the grounds that he doesn’t want to enter a further part 4. Obviously I was expecting to be here a lot longer and I got Vodafone Siro broadband installed. I contacted Vodafone and they said I would have to pay a termination fee of 500 at the time I leave here if I don’t have another address or I can’t transfer it to someone else. Does anyone know of a way around this?

Can you check that amount anywhere? is it in the contract?

Advertisement