Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 50 euro earphones?

Options
  • 07-05-2018 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

My Sennheiser CX300 II's are dying, one earphone is dead so looking for replacements. Loved them, great quality at a great price and have gotten huge use from them.

Was looking at their replacements, the CX3.00 but are there any others I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bluedio T4S Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones wireless Headset with microphone for phones
    http://s.aliexpress.com/YjmAb2e2?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Edit: oops u are looking for earphones not headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Frankly I would buy the same ones again. In-ear phones at that price that are good are hard to find. It doesn't follow that just because years have gone by that there is now a better model. Earphones technology has not changed much over the last few years. The companies make new models but essentially the driver is just the same, even if outwardly they look different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem
    https://sites.google.com/view/headphoneadvice/iem-earbuds/category-100?authuser=0

Also heard good things about the FiiO F3.
    You can find all of these on AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

my sennheiser cx400s dissappeared (i reckon fell out of a jacket pocket) and I ended up with a pair of sony mdr 650
    The gold coloured ones seem to rust, but the silver ones are grand. I've it over a year and not a problem.

I got it off amazon for €39 in the black friday sales (RRP €70), and its definitely worth the cash. Its available for that type of money currently in the UK amazon warehouse deals.
    I also got the model below, the Mdr 450, which is identical physically and to be honest for 15pounds in the amazon uk warehouse, its a bargain. I got my pair off amazon warehouse for €25 (condition "very good") and they are well worth it. They were still in an unopened blister pack.

Soundwise, I'd say the mdr650 is up there with the cx400. The mdr 450s are a notch less dynamic sounding but unless you are listening to classical and want the most natural sounding cymbals or 100man choir, you probably will not notice it. For regular pop or rock music you'd be pushed to hear the difference.

To compare it to the cx400 comfort wise (comparable to the cx300) they are way more comfy and the rubber never randomly comes off the headphone which was a problem with the sennheisers. The cable is patterned so its a lot easier to untangle it too than the sennheisers.

Advertisement