Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Coursework B Copying/Cheating

Options
  • 07-05-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok so, I wrote up my coursework b about a month ago and it was my own work 100% and I put in alot of work and effort into it. Our teacher put our class in multiple groups of 4 because we didn't have enough equipment for everyone to do it out. So the graphs and results in my coursework will be the same (maybe different size and colour) as my group mates. But this one person missed like 2 to 3 weeks and got no coursework done (was part of my group) and was very behind when they got back. So they asked if they could see mine and I said to use it as a guide and to not copy it (the teacher gave the student an overview of everything we did once they were back) and I would give a quick peek over to see if they weren't copying and it was fine all the way through biology. For chemistry they started panicking and just copied. My writing is very small so I could fit alot of information, though theirs is VERY big, like they wrote a sentence for the comment part while I took up all the space and needed went onto the spare page under it. Though not everything in chemistry was copied, like the sources part, but they did copy the majority, though they cut it down by a considerable amount. Just wondering what penalties I will face in a few months time, so I won't be in shock when it happens.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Every year some results are withheld because of copying.
    However, if I understand you correctly, this person has much larger writing than you and will only have copied part of yours and only in the Chemistry bits. Don't worry about it.

I'm sorry your teacher allows people copy other people's work. There is no excuse for it. It is the teacher who should be getting grief about copying.

Sadly, in college and in work, there will always be the lazy folk who like to take other people's work and pass it off as their own. Keep your own stuff to yourself, whatever they say.

Enjoy the summer and don't be worrying about this. It won't be an issue.

Advertisement