Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self injections

Options
  • 08-05-2018 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Crazy question but genuinely looking for opinions.
    My local pharmacy sells large bottles of 100% pure hyaluronic acid for 40 euro. Its advertised as a supplement to be ingested and can also be injected into knees/joints for arthritis.
    My local beauty clinic sells Hyaluronic acid injections starting at 350 euro.

Can I self inject my face with the pure HA from the pharmacy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Injections into the face require medical or specific training as you don't want to hit a facial nerve and cause damage. Always get a professional to administer any injections.

Why not use a topical hyaluronic acid instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is this instead of fillers as was suggested on the Botox thread?

Definitely don't DIY, you could ruin your face - definitely too dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

True but then I was thinking you can buy self injection sets from la roche pose, Eucerin and other brands online. Hyarlonic acid is naturally in your skin anyway so what harm could it do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Hyarlonic acid is naturally in your skin anyway so what harm could it do?

Seriously, if you don't know the answer(s) to that question don't rely on the random replies from an forum.

The fact that it is "naturally" occurring does not make it harmless. You need to understand how to and where (not) to inject. Understand the implications of the quantity you shoud use and how your body is going to deal with it and how it may interact with any other medications or supplements you may be taking.

True but then I was thinking you can buy self injection sets from la roche pose, Eucerin and other brands online. Hyarlonic acid is naturally in your skin anyway so what harm could it do?

Lots of things occur naturally in your body, but are specific to particular areas and functions.

Cosmetic grade hyaluronic acid and the sort of medical grade stuff they'd use to inject are likely very different animals with hugely varying levels of exposure to possible contaminents.

You don't want to inject something non-sterile into your face of all places, running the risk of infection that could even lead to disfigurement.

Don't even think about it, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

If you learned facial anatomy and biochemistry I'd go for it. Easy for me to say with a medical background though.

Advertisement