Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 plus FM radio

Options
  • 08-05-2018 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭

Bought above last week , FM radio advertised as part of phone, turned it on no FM radio, contacted Nokia,they categorically said no FM radio on this model, contacted VF chat they said opposite,and will escalate my query,now either Nokia or VF are lying,or at least false advertising

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nobody's lying but somebody is mistaken or confused, and you could be one of them. The Nokia 7 has no radio but the Nokia C7 does, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Nobody's lying but somebody is mistaken or confused, and you could be one of them. The Nokia 7 has no radio but the Nokia C7 does, as far as I'm aware.

If u care to go on vodaphone.ie website,look at Nokia 7 plus ,it's there in black and white, clearly ,it HAS FM radio

If u care to go on vodaphone.ie website,look at Nokia 7 plus ,it's there in black and white, clearly ,it HAS FM radio

P.s. I'm far from confused,do me the courtesy of looking at the phone on vodafone.ie. PAYG phoned,or even Amazon .de,or indeed all of the vendors ,each and all are advertising the Nokia 7 plus( not as u stated Nokia 7) as having FM radio

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Whatever it is I'm buying, be it a phone, TV or washing machine, I never go by the specifications on a seller's website. Go straight to the manufacturer's site, that's the only place you'll get a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You're replying to yourself there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Go to gsm arena and look both models up there.gsm arena will tell you everything it has and has not got.its bible.

I think the main issue here is that Nokia have released variants for different markets; China/India/Europe.

Probably an honest error on Vodaphones part as GSM Arena state there is a FM radio (which may very well be the case in India & China).

GSM Arena do have the following though:
    Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more

Alun wrote: »
    Whatever it is I'm buying, be it a phone, TV or washing machine, I never go by the specifications on a seller's website. Go straight to the manufacturer's site, that's the only place you'll get a definitive answer.

Agree,but you'd think Vodafone and Amazon would at least get it right

Go to gsm arena and look both models up there.gsm arena will tell you everything it has and has not got.its bible.

And it says 7 plus has a radio.

I think the main issue here is that Nokia have released variants for different markets; China/India/Europe.

Probably an honest error on Vodaphones part as GSM Arena state there is a FM radio (which may very well be the case in India & China).

GSM Arena do have the following though:
    No,I spoke to Nokia customer care/live chat,have he screenshot,states 100 percent,this model doesn't have FM radio

• Advertisement

You're replying to yourself there.

Tnx, was attempting to answer the op

It seems everybody thinks it has a radio except Nokia.

No,I spoke to Nokia customer care/live chat,have he screenshot,states 100 percent,this model doesn't have FM radio

I know. That's what I'm saying. It's down to the variant of 7 plus you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

"

Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. "

Every website on the internet has that. : )

It seems everybody thinks it has a radio except Nokia.

V good

Nokia did the exact same years ago ref the Nokia 950 and one other model,same crap advertised as having FM etc etc, didn't

I know. That's what I'm saying. It's down to the variant of 7 plus you have.

AFAIK even the Indian one hasn't got it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not necessarily. Often retailers get preliminary specs in advance which are revised before the product actually goes to market, and don't change them afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Three also thinks the variant sold in Ireland has FM Radio.

However is clear from Nokia and loads of reviews that this is not the case.

Now the OP can go back into the store and return the phone if FM Radio is that important to them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Bought above last week , FM radio advertised as part of phone, turned it on no FM radio, contacted Nokia,they categorically said no FM radio on this model, contacted VF chat they said opposite,and will escalate my query,now either Nokia or VF are lying,or at least false advertising

Where did you buy? Can you drop into a Vodafone shop and show them the issue.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Where did you buy? Can you drop into a Vodafone shop and show them the issue.

Bought on vodaphone.ie,collected in Wilton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Try talk to vodafone on their talk to forum here
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I find they are wrong a lot.

Motorola do this a lot about 6 versions of the same phone.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Try talk to vodafone on their talk to forum here
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

I will,tnx,spoke to VF on twitter, waiting for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You are well within your return period.

It's clear that this has no FM Radio, so make a determination if you want to accept it or return the phone.

Let's hope that VF/3 are updating their website to ensure others dont have trouble.

VF Aoife got back to me on twitter,she says only way to access it is via an app,this I pointed out is incorrect, there's no app on playstore that works,and on VF website it still says that the Nokia 7 plus has FM radio,so I guess the likes of VF,3, Amazon etc can actually false advertise without any worry,any way that's me finished with Nokia,and not too happy with VF either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

This site is useful for double checking phone specs
    https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/290e4872

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

VF Aoife got back to me on twitter,she says only way to access it is via an app,this I pointed out is incorrect, there's no app on playstore that works,and on VF website it still says that the Nokia 7 plus has FM radio,so I guess the likes of VF,3, Amazon etc can actually false advertise without any worry,any way that's me finished with Nokia,and not too happy with VF either

I presume she means one of the Internet radio apps. It'll use some of your data.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    I presume she means one of the Internet radio apps. It'll use some of your data.

Exactly why I prefer FM radio,my data allowance from VF is not unlimited, honestly think VF,3,and various vendors really got this wrong

Advertisement