Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed service - what to do?

Options
  • 08-05-2018 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for taking your time to read through this thread.

I have gone to a music store for a service to be done on a guitar. This was 20th of April. This store's service had always been great which is why I went there for the third time. However, it seems like the service quality had now severely decreased.

First off, I was told that it 'should be a week', which would've been fine. I still don't have any news as to when the guitar will be finished.

Second, I explicitly said to call me first with a quote before going ahead with the service. This is something that they had offered to me on the previous services and it was great. I haven't had a call about a price until now.

Third, I called the shop 2 different times:
    1. 27th April - Asked for the approximation as I didn't receive a call yet. This is the time when the guitar was already meant to be finished. The guy promised to call back, no calls received. Even confirmed my contact number on their receipt.
    2. 3rd May - Asked for update on the service. They said that it 'should' be finished 'tomorrow(4th May)' and that I will get a call. Guy on the phone wasn't the main guy in charge of the shop so had no idea regarding the price. No calls.

In my mind, I'm guessing what's happening now is that they've already gone ahead with the repairs without my authorisation as I said to give me a quote first before going ahead with the job. Also, even with that in mind, they have still failed to fulfil the time commitment involved. The smallest issue of them all I think is the failed callbacks, but I don't think I can do anything about that except for not come back to the store anymore after this due to being so disappointed.

Basically, I'm really not that keen on paying full price(price that I don't even know yet) due to these issues. Do I have any right in asking for some sort of a discount? If so, how should I go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Easy, all you do is say "can I have a discount due to the above factors?"

You have no "right" to a discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I would disagree if the op clearly said he wanted a price for the work before it was carried out he certainly deserves a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

magentis wrote: »
    I would disagree if the op clearly said he wanted a price for the work before it was carried out he certainly deserves a discount.

Doesn't work that way. They can "undo" the work they have undertaken if he doesn't want to pay. The OP asked were they entitled to a discount. They are not and never are "entitled".

Advertisement