Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Online Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    Can the family account be used over multiple switches? I thought it was only different users on the one switch.

Yeah, 8 Nintendo accounts.

I don't think a single one of our family shares a physical switch with another. They can though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Great thanks lads, we have 3 in the house now but I've a single account and from the looks of it, it can't be upgraded to family so I won't tell the other 2 till renewal time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch Online at 9.8 Million Accounts, 'Tetris 99' Popular

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/nintendo-switch-online-nearly-10-million-1203198704/

I'd like more information than that. You can have up to 8 accounts on a family plan. How many are active accounts? Some could have bought a one month plan and never went online again. The Switch has sold 34.74 million units.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch Online at 9.8 Million Accounts, 'Tetris 99' Popular

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/nintendo-switch-online-nearly-10-million-1203198704/

I'd like more information than that. You can have up to 8 accounts on a family plan. How many are active accounts? Some could have bought a one month plan and never went online again. The Switch has sold 34.74 million units.
    seems like great numbers to me, I'm not sure if your saying it's good or bad. I've definitely gotten my 20 euros worth from Tetris 99 alone. It's a great game.
    Judging by the amount of my switch friends who are mostly from boards who are regularly online I'd say the number of people who actively use the online account is pretty high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mario maker 2 + 12 months online + free stylus(mario maker 2 themed) for just over 55 euro from the Swedish eshop. Will post in the bargains thread also. Good for people like me who don't currently have online subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How are you getting a Stylus from the eShop?
    (if you mean the Nintendo online store, will they ship any of that to ireland? The UK one has been pretty bad for that in the past. If "Swedish eShop" is a euphemism, please forgive my old-man-out-of-touchness)

Banjo wrote: »
    How are you getting a Stylus from the eShop?
    (if you mean the Nintendo online store, will they ship any of that to ireland? The UK one has been pretty bad for that in the past. If "Swedish eShop" is a euphemism, please forgive my old-man-out-of-touchness)

I hope they'll ship here. If not, no biggie. When you preorder and pay in the (Swedish)eshop, you get a code both for the online sub and the stylus. The stylus isn't redeemable til the 11th of next month I think, there's a link provided where you have to redeem it.

manual_man wrote: »
    I hope they'll ship here. If not, no biggie. When you preorder and pay in the (Swedish)eshop, you get a code both for the online sub and the stylus. The stylus isn't redeemable til the 11th of next month I think, there's a link provided where you have to redeem it.

Update on this:

My stylus is in the post. So pre-ordering on the Sweden eshop was fine with the stylus then being sent to Ireland, I paid 55ish for the game + 12 months online + the stylus. I had changed my region back to Ireland in advance of the stylus shipping (just to be sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got my renewal reminder. My account will be automatically charged on or around the 18th September (the 18th is the last date I can stop automatic renewal).

No price increase. R459 (which is about €27) for a family subscription. Same price as last year.

I think if they are going to launch SNES games, they will need to let people know before the 18th...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah I am not renewing as it stands, I don't use it for anything.

If SNES games get added that changes it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I got a renewal reminder, but it doesn't expire till 17/09/2020 (got 12 months from Twitch/Amazon), anyone else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I got a renewal reminder, but it doesn't expire till 17/09/2020 (got 12 months from Twitch/Amazon), anyone else get that?

No reminder for me.. I must set one for myself, i will defo not be renewing, i haven't used the service once :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Irish Halo wrote: »

Yip, got that, same scenario with the Twitch 12 months. I would guess it is just a bug in their automation software.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Any chance any of you fellows have an open family slot?
    My NSO ran out and I want to play animal crossing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos selling Tetris with 12 month sub for €25 CeX buying Tetris for €13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Argos selling Tetris with 12 month sub for €25 CeX buying Tetris for €13

12 month sub for Nintendo Online?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Single user sub not a family one Tetris is a free download but this is a cartridge so kinda cool to have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Single user sub not a family one Tetris is a free download but this is a cartridge so kinda cool to have

Great, I'd be a single user! Just reserved one in Ilac ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Folks, does it matter where I buy the online sub from? Thinking about getting a 12 month sub, it’s approx €13 on the SA store compared to €20 on the IE store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Folks, does it matter where I buy the online sub from? Thinking about getting a 12 month sub, it’s approx €13 on the SA store compared to €20 on the IE store.

I dont think so, its the account its tied to, not the country

• Advertisement

I dont think so, its the account its tied to, not the country

So I’d have to buy a family membership to use it for my main user? Which defeats the purpose I think. My SA user is different to main.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

You can get it for €17 on CD Keys - not quite the same saving, but still better than €20.

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/nintendo-switch-online-12-month-365-day-membership-switch-cd-key

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

So I’d have to buy a family membership to use it for my main user? Which defeats the purpose I think. My SA user is different to main.

I believe if your main user is an EMEA account, you can move it to ZA, make the purchase, and then move it back to your country. Unless it has changed but I did that some time ago and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seems Nintendo now give the option to upgrade from a individual membership to a family plan.

You're given credit for your remaining subscription at a rate of 5c per day which is slightly less than what it originally costs per day.

Good to have the option to switch plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Bob24 wrote: »
    I believe if your main user is an EMEA account, you can move it to ZA, make the purchase, and then move it back to your country. Unless it has changed but I did that some time ago and it was fine.

That's what I did yesterday to buy a few games.

I had to turn off automatic renewal on switch online - which is on by default.
    Also it said by nintendo account would be unlinked from my nintendo network id (3ds/wii u stuff). Don't think that mattered to me / I can relink.

Then I switched back.

Had to re-login on my switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I've switches on the way for the kids I read somewhere that I can play one copy of Animal crossing as long as both switches have online memberships so I should be able to buy a family membership and a downloadable animal crossing code this can be done correct?

I've switches on the way for the kids I read somewhere that I can play one copy of Animal crossing as long as both switches have online memberships so I should be able to buy a family membership and a downloadable animal crossing code this can be done correct?

Not sure I understand you 100% but if you want to play Animal Crossing on different Switches then you need one copy of the game per Switch. On top of that, if you have multiple profiles per Switch - they will all share the same Animal Crossing island - so 1 island per Switch (which sucks).

The online membership only lets you visit other player's islands.

Not sure I understand you 100% but if you want to play Animal Crossing on different Switches then you need one copy of the game per Switch. On top of that, if you have multiple profiles per Switch - they will all share the same Animal Crossing island - so 1 island per Switch (which sucks).

The online membership only lets you visit other player's islands.

Is there no way to game share Animal Crossing and other games on Switches?

Is there no way to game share Animal Crossing on other games on Switches?

Looks like you can actually - have a read of the below link and see if it makes sense. Sounds a bit convoluted to me but if it works happy days.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-gameshare-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement

Looks like you can actually - have a read of the below link and see if it makes sense. Sounds a bit convoluted to me but if it works happy days.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-gameshare-nintendo-switch/
    Thanks will try it, Nintendo don't make it easy, especially limiting one island per console with Animal Crossing.

Advertisement