Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9+ call issue

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

I am starting a new thread since you appear ignore or not to look in the  Eir mobile thread.

Can I have an update regarding the call quality issue with the Samsung S9+?
    Phone calls go silent for 10-20 seconds randomly and multiple times on a longer call. This is a known issue that Samsung acknowledged and a firmware fix is now available.

When can we expect Eir to release the latest firmware from Samsung that fixes the issue?

ProjectMoose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Reps,

I am starting a new thread since you appear ignore or not to look in the  Eir mobile thread.

Phone calls go silent for 10-20 seconds randomly and multiple times on a longer call. This is a known issue that Samsung acknowledged and a firmware fix is now available.

When can we expect Eir to release the latest firmware from Samsung that fixes the issue?

Galilea Victorious Navel
    Hi Galilea Victorious Navel ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

The s9+ should have the latest Oreo 8.0 update.

Can you confirm if you have updated your software to this?

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hi Reps,

Galilea Victorious Navel

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Thomas
    The update which fixes this call issue was only released by samsung in recent days. I assume Eir has to approve the firmware and your branded phones don't get instant OTA's like unbranded ones? http://www.ubergizmo.com/2018/05/galaxy-s9-call-issues-fixed-new-update/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Reps,

Galilea Victorious Navel

Thanks

Thomas
    It does not have the latest update released as Eir have not released the latest update. As the poster above stated, there was a firmware released last week that fixes the call silence and call drops issue.

I am going around in circles trying to get an answer from Eir.

Can you please ask your technical team when you'll release the updated firmware that includes the fix I mentioned?

Also a second question. Why do you have a Eir Mobile thread in this forum if you do not respond in the thread? Can it be closed please?

Hi Reps,

wPhone calls go silent for 10-20 seconds randomly and multiple times on a longer call. This is a known issue that Samsung acknowledged and a firmware fix is now available.

Galilea Victorious Navel

Thanks

Thomas
    It does not have the latest update released as Eir have not released the latest update. As the poster above stated, there was a firmware released last week that fixes the call silence and call drops issue.

I am going around in circles trying to get an answer from Eir.

Can you please ask your technical team when you'll release the updated firmware that includes the fix I mentioned?

Also a second question. Why do you have a Eir Mobile thread in this forum if you do not respond in the thread? Can it be closed please?
    I have checked this out for you and unfortunately, We have no timeframe as to when this will be released. we will make our customers aware of when this is availble.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Thomas,

I have had this issue since the first day I had the phone. The device cannot make calls properly and you have no time frame as to when you'll have a fix ready. The phone is not fit for purpose.

I wish to request a full refund and cancel my contract. Can you please tell me steps involved? 

Thank you, ProjectMoose

• Advertisement

Hi Thomas,

I have had this issue since the first day I had the phone. The device cannot make calls properly and you have no time frame as to when you'll have a fix ready. The phone is not fit for purpose.

I wish to request a full refund and cancel my contract. Can you please tell me steps involved? 

Thank you, Galilea Victorious Navel
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement