Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy from Athleteshop.ie?

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience buying from Athleteshop.ie? They have a childseat I'm after but the price seems a bit too good to be true!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I think I got a rower for the missus there iirc. No problems at all, just getting her to use it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Yeah they do some good deals they had a 60% off sale on selected items the weekend just watch its usually the delivery at the end that kills some of the deal. Ive paid direct to their bank account very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I used them before Christmas, and it as a bit of a disaster. estimated deliver date was about 8 days. it took over a month to get the goods delivered, initially got the email saying that your item is not available one day before due delivery date. this happened for so many of the items that we gave up. The only nice part was that we completely forgot about the order, and was pleasantly surprised when the order finally arrived 5-6 weeks after the order.

The bit that stuck with me is that their delivery charges are pretty ritzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I bought a “sea sucker talon” bike rack from them. Delivery was slow but they kept me fully informed throughout... no problem recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Thanks for the responses. The dirty deed is now done. Even with the €15 delivery the childseat, rack adapter and raincover came in cheaper than the seat alone from anyone else. Hopefully the child it is intended for hasn't outgrown it before it arrives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I placed an order with them on the 29th april with estimated delivery on 4th may . Got an email from them on 2nd saying there is a delay with the order and i should receive it on the 10th .
    Got another email on the 5th saying another delay and i should receive it on the 11th.
    I wouldnt be a bit surprised if i get another email stating another delay :(

So order didnt arrive on 11th , i sent an email this morning to be told the dont have my item in stock and it wont get posted until next monday .
    Wouldnt recommend these at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

^ me neither. PRices are good, but service is poor. Nearly as bad as *inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

prices and equipment are great,delivery not so much,my item came from holland ,tracking ended once it left

After two of the "problem with your order" emails, my seat and accessories were dispatched and are now in the country, so I've been told.
    Not the worst service I've experienced but it's not CRC either!

• Advertisement

So my item didnt arrive last week , i contacted them again and received an apology for the delay and was told it would be shipped on 5th june , but if i wanted they would send me an alternative item , surprisingly it is a 3rd of the price and a 3rd of the quality of the item i have ordered .

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Sounds like a number of consistent stories. I think if you are happy to make the saving on their price and wait up to a month for delivery, they are fine to deal with. But If there is any urgency look elsewhere.

Cionn wrote: »
    Sounds like a number of consistent stories. I think if you are happy to make the saving on their price and wait up to a month for delivery, they are fine to deal with. But If there is any urgency look elsewhere.

To be honest i cant see myself ever getting this order , i think it will come down to a Paypal dispute to get my money back .

I ordered a child seat, rack adapter bracket and rain cover on the 8th of May. I recieved the bracket on the 21st. Only after I contacted them on the 22nd did they tell me that the rest of my order would be shipped on the 30th and that I should get in touch again if I haven't recieved a tracking number by the 31st. Fairly pathetic customer service.

Typically the weather is perfect for introducing my daughter to the bike but I've no seat to put her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're clearly just dropshipping stuff. Find out who they order from and go direct to them, save yourself hassle and money.

2 outta 5 on TP for their UK arm (many sites, one company)
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/athleteshop.co.uk

Advertisement