Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone number deactivated

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am disgusted with your company. I topped up on November 2nd. For various reasons I didn't top up again until April 6th. I couldn't top up. Got a message I was barred. Tried webchat to see what was going on but it is NEVER available. I couldn't ring 1747 because no-one I know is with Eir.I tried landline numbers but kept getting a message that my number wasn't recognised.

I was so frustrated I left it go for a while. Then last week my son was sick in school and the teacher couldn't get through. I discovered I was not able to receive calls or texts. Again, couldn't get through to anyone so went to an Eir shop. They rang customer service and I was told my number was gone because according to the "system" I hadn't topped up in over a year. I was basically accused of being a liar when I said it wasn't true. Shocking customer service. Ye don't give notice of all this and that's ok apparently.

Before ye start spouting terms and conditions I checked them. It was 127 days that had passed, not 150. I have proof of my attempt to top up and bank records of previous top ups.

I have had that number for years. It is important I retain it. I am furious. The reason I joined here is because I saw old posts with same situation and amazingly they got their number back. I will NOT leave this go. If ye don't help please tell me who in the company will. My son is ok but imagine if it had been serious????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Teapot22 wrote: »
    I am disgusted with your company. I topped up on November 2nd. For various reasons I didn't top up again until April 6th. I couldn't top up. Got a message I was barred. Tried webchat to see what was going on but it is NEVER available. I couldn't ring 1747 because no-one I know is with Eir.I tried landline numbers but kept getting a message that my number wasn't recognised.

I was so frustrated I left it go for a while. Then last week my son was sick in school and the teacher couldn't get through. I discovered I was not able to receive calls or texts. Again, couldn't get through to anyone so went to an Eir shop. They rang customer service and I was told my number was gone because according to the "system" I hadn't topped up in over a year. I was basically accused of being a liar when I said it wasn't true. Shocking customer service. Ye don't give notice of all this and that's ok apparently.

Before ye start spouting terms and conditions I checked them. It was 127 days that had passed, not 150. I have proof of my attempt to top up and bank records of previous top ups.

I have had that number for years. It is important I retain it. I am furious. The reason I joined here is because I saw old posts with same situation and amazingly they got their number back. I will NOT leave this go. If ye don't help please tell me who in the company will. My son is ok but imagine if it had been serious????
    I was with meteor before they merged with Eir and had a similar issue. They barred my number before the amount of days specified. They reactivated my number and gave all my credit back without much trouble so hopefully isn't too difficult for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

spix wrote: »
    I was with meteor before they merged with Eir and had a similar issue. They barred my number before the amount of days specified. They reactivated my number and gave all my credit back without much trouble so hopefully isn't too difficult for you.

Thank you. I'm so annoyed. I was with Meteor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Thank you. I'm so annoyed. I was with Meteor too.
    Just to clarify, I had this issue whilst they were meteor. So if they don't do this for you its because Eirs customer service is bad and not because you are in the wrong. Once I brought it to meteors attention that the amount of days passed was not the same as they specified it was solved without issue.

Just to clarify, I had this issue whilst they were meteor. So if they don't do this for you its because Eirs customer service is bad and not because you are in the wrong. Once I brought it to meteors attention that the amount of days passed was not the same as they specified it was solved without issue.

Oh no, from the customer service I have encountered so far I'm not feeling very hopeful. Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's more than they are doing.

Being more or less accused of being a liar is not nice, particularly when you're not wrong. On top of the inconvenience of potentially having to change my number that kind of treatment is just horrible. I would imagine plenty of people are unaware of the terms and conditions with pre pay. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

HiTeapot22  ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

I just sent you a pm with my details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

if credit is not put on in a certain time within 6 months u barred from making calls. up to 9 to twelve months its turned off and given to some body else my old number some else has it. the new number i have some else had it  

I just sent you a pm with my details
    I have received your PM and I will reply shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

What a joke of a company. It has just been confirmed to me that you need to top up every 180 days. I tried after 127 and my phone was barred from making calls so too up didn't go through. Couldn't speak to anyone so have up after trying every number.

Eir were in breach of their own terms and conditions and yet still refuse to give me my number back.

If anyone is thinking of signing up with them run a mile

What a joke of a company. It has just been confirmed to me that you need to top up every 180 days. I tried after 127 and my phone was barred from making calls so too up didn't go through. Couldn't speak to anyone so have up after trying every number.

Eir were in breach of their own terms and conditions and yet still refuse to give me my number back.

If anyone is thinking of signing up with them run a mile
    if your number is barred from making calls u bring it over to another network pay as u go only and still keep your number as the daughter did once the number is not turned off 

• Advertisement

jacob2 wrote: »
    if your number is barred from making calls u bring it over to another network pay as u go only and still keep your number as the daughter did once the number is not turned off 

They have already turned my number off. That's the problem. And it's not my fault, they are actually in the wrong. It's so frustrating. I've had the number for years. Thanks for replying.

Nothing they can do apparently. What a load of tripe. I have seen them sort this out before but they can't be bothered now. They royally mess up and won't resolve issue. I have never in my 40 years on this planet come across such shocking customer service.

I was told via pm that you have 180 days to top up before they bar you. 180 days haven't even passed yet and even my number is gone. He wouldn't even acknowledge this fact, just the usual spiel of "nothing I can do". To anyone on here trying to get an issue sorted..don't bother. <snip>

in a couple of months some else will have that number u had. move on get a new number with another network u know how they work now eir has gone a different network wat it used to be vodafone will tell u if u havent topped up in 6 months eir does not it just turn the sim off

in a couple of months some else will have that number u had. move on get a new number with another network u know how they work now eir has gone a different network wat it used to be vodafone will tell u if u havent topped up in 6 months eir does not it just turn the sim off

It's crazy..and whats worse is it isn't six months since I topped up. They made a huge mistake and won't admit it. And no notice..very sneaky. I didn't even sign up with them..was previously with Meteor. Rest of my family are Vodafone like you. Probably best way to go. I'm so annoyed..you might as well be banging your head off a wall as dealing with that shower!!!

It's crazy..and whats worse is it isn't six months since I topped up. They made a huge mistake and won't admit it. And no notice..very sneaky. I didn't even sign up with them..was previously with Meteor. Rest of my family are Vodafone like you. Probably best way to go. I'm so annoyed..you might as well be banging your head off a wall as dealing with that shower!!!
    Hi Teapot22 ,

Once again, I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

We would not deactivate your number unless we were complying completely with our terms and conditions.

Thanks

Thomas

Well I topped up on November 2nd for 30 days so that lasted until December 1st. I then tried to top up on April 6th..that is 127 days later. By then I was barred from outgoing calls and texts. According to your terms and conditions 150 days have to pass before the first bar is put in place.

I wonder what excuse ye will find to explain that. Not to mention the fact that I tried to get someone to explain what happened but couldn't. From reading other threads I can see this is a regular problem but ye couldn't care less. Treating customers as if they are thick liars is a whole new level of low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

According to this link you can keep your number up to 13 months after last top up
    https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/topping-up-eir-mobile/
    Will I lose my number if I don't top up?

If a number isn’t topped up after a period of time the number will eventually be recycled.

After 150 days numbers that have not been topped up will be unable to make any outgoing services. The number will still be able to receive information (such as calls and texts) for 30 days.

240 days after your last top up any credit left on your phone will be removed.

13 months after your last top up your number will disconnect. It will not be possible to reconnect your number after this period of time as your number will have been recycled.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    According to this link you can keep your number up to 13 months after last top up
    https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/topping-up-eir-mobile/

Thanks for that..I've read that too and I've quoted this stuff to them but they refuse to admit they made a mistake. Yet here is another person, you, who can make perfect sense of it and understand where I'm coming from. The mind boggles. Even if I hadn't tried to top up it is now only 161 days since the last top up (Jesus, it's like going to Confession as a child) so by right I should only be barred from outgoing calls. Yet incoming was stopped and number put out of service.

I think the policy is more designed that if they are not making enough money out of a customer they dismiss them regardless of terms and conditions. I have a phone for over twenty years, never had this treatment from any other provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you haven't already done so then a formal complaint is the best way to get a positive result.

This forum is not part of the complaints process.

The eir complaints process is a little awkward, there doesn't seem to be a simple email address and the web form asks for a landline number that is irrelevant for mobiles.

If you don't get past the web form, contact Comreg and explain that there is no clear way to lodge a complaint. They won't get involved until an actual complaint has been lodged and completed with eir but they should be able to tell you who to contact in eir first.

Have a look at Comreg website, they have more info on complaints.
    Phone 018049668
    Email consumerline@comreg.ie

@Ten Pin, thank you for taking the time to reply with all of that information. I have tried making a complaint on the eir website but I don't know if it even went through properly. As you pointed out, no option for a mobile number so the prefix is incorrect and I have no account number so just put in zeros. Probably another excuse for them to avoid customers!

The whole website is impossible to get into I think. The reason I joined Boards is at least it's accessible. I will look into the other website you gave me. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry to derail this thread but we have a meteor pre paid mobile with credit but now we cannot send texts or call, numbers are coming up barred, topped up about 3 months ago, is the phone locked, we can receive incoming calls and messages but nothing outgoing, any help please?

Advertisement