Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice of termination recieved, notification of leaving?

Options
  • 08-05-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

I received a 3 month notice of termination last week and might have a new place sorted for say the end of this month with a view to maybe starting new rent in the new place next month. Do I need to serve a notice period or can I go whenever? Obviously not trying to screw anyone here and hoping to provide a months notice, but just wondering where things stand really

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

I received a 3 month notice of termination last week and might have a new place sorted for say the end of this month with a view to maybe starting new rent in the new place next month. Do I need to serve a notice period or can I go whenever? Obviously not trying to screw anyone here and hoping to provide a months notice, but just wondering where things stand really

It is a matter for negotiation. Most landlords would be happy to get vacant possession without a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

Check your tenancy agreement . If you dont have one go http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html
    If neither of those suit you try, as Claw Hammer suggests, negotiate.

Advertisement