Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Scabies (the damned) will be in Carlow next month ....

Options
  • 08-05-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Rat Scabies - he of the Damned and various other outfits - will be in O'Loughlins, Dublin St, Carlow on June 11th looking for interesting stories (entertaining yarns etc) for a TV show he wants to pitch to Irish TV. He'll be giving free beer to people with interesting stories. Just thought I'd mention it in case any Carlovians wanted to get a few free pints. Free in etc etc

if you don't know who Rat is, here he is presenting Lemmy with an award. When Sid Vicious left the Sex Pistols, he drafted Rat in as drummer. Duff McKagan from Guns 'n' Roses says he is his 'drumming hero'. Pop down, tell him a story and grab a few pints

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

You could do a lot worse in terms of promotion and reach by throwing this up in the various "Sell Your Stuff" type groups in Carlow on Facebook and perhaps even Kilkenny and Wexford ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

word of mouth seems to have started already - looks like there more interest from around the country than in carlow itself. it'll be in the local papers nearer the time, he'll probably do an interview on local radio and I know for a fact hotpress will be covering it. We'll see how it pans out - theres free beer for the storytellers so Im going to make sure and wangle some free beer for myself ;-) He has it up on his own facebook page and site - seems to be getting a bit of interest there too

Advertisement