Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Don't think so, you can buy the insanely expensive Google books though, as long as it doesn't go over the maximum spend, which to my knowledge hasn't been declared anywhere.

I subscribe to bookbub which gives ebook deals and often times the reduction is on Kindle and play books simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

BKWDR wrote: »
    Is there a monthly limit on how much credit you can spend?
    Bought KineMaster on 2nd of Nov. Went to buy photopills and it won't let me use 3 credit.

I made a purchase of €50 with my credit before. According to the 3 website - "Customers can spend up to €50 per transaction, €100 per day or €150 per month."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

A maximum spend you say....

Bunch of unforgiving fcuks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's not the three website. It's a forum post from over 2 years ago. It's been changed.

RossieMan wrote: »
    That's not the three website. It's a forum post from over 2 years ago. It's been changed.

Its from the 3 community forums, posted by a member of 3 staff. I haven't seen any mentioned of a change since that post

I was able to buy an IAP worth €44.99 with my credit today. And spent €49.99 on an IAP around three months ago. Don't know where the €30 limit is coming from. I'm on PAYG if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Animo wrote: »
    Its from the 3 community forums, posted by a member of 3 staff. I haven't seen any mentioned of a change since that post

I was able to buy an IAP worth €44.99 with my credit today. And spent €49.99 on an IAP around three months ago. Don't know where the €30 limit is coming from. I'm on PAYG if that makes a difference.

What's IAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

What's IAP?

In App Purchase probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Animo wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057604475

Discodog wrote: »

Those posts out date the 3 community forum post I provided earlier.

Anyway, all I can say is that from my experience €50 is the limit for single transaction. I tried to purchase something for more than €50 once but I got an error and the purchase wouldn't complete. Have no idea about the daily and monthly limits but the 3 community forum seems right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭webpal

Can you still use credit for Deezer? I only see credit card, PayPal, American Express card or paysafe. Do I need to do something to select 3 credit. Sim is in an Android phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Any way to buy kindle books with credit?

It's insanely easy to convert epub (eg Google Play) to mobi (Kindle) so you could go down that route if you like.

Other than just install Play Books on your device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any way to buy kindle books with credit?

That would be fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I bought two albums on google music and have roughly a fiver left but I want to buy another album that costs 7.99 what happens then?

Can I buy it and make up the remaining next month or have to wait till next month when I top up again? And have roughly 25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

Just a quick question. I have a 3 SIM with €20 credit. However I use tesco mobile, and don't intend to switch over. Can I purchase apps with the credit, buy have them remain on the phone to use with my Tesco number

Yes. They are tied to the Google account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭AlanG

cletus wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I have a 3 SIM with €20 credit. However I use tesco mobile, and don't intend to switch over. Can I purchase apps with the credit, buy have them remain on the phone to use with my Tesco number

Yea, I do this regularly - pop the 3 sim in when I want to buy something and then use the tesco sim day to day. Apps, movies etc all remain on the phone and my smart tv for access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

How would I go about paying for Spotify or Netflix with excess credit? Is it possible?

No to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

mutley18 wrote: »
    How would I go about paying for Spotify or Netflix with excess credit? Is it possible?

It is in my back

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

Not spotify, But i believe you can use credit to play for the, google play music app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

mutley18 wrote: »

If you are with Vodafone you can subscribe to Spotify premium for €5 per month.

https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/content-add-ons.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

john4321 wrote: »
    If you are with Vodafone you can subscribe to Spotify premium for €6 per month.

https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/content-add-ons.html

Correct, but it's €5.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

Beside the services on first page ?

Can someone add no hand holding to the OP?

It's getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can someone add no hand holding to the OP?

It's getting ridiculous at this stage.

It's across the whole site. Lazy people looking for quick answers instead of reading the bloody thread.

sweetie wrote: »
    It's across the whole site. Lazy people looking for quick answers instead of reading the bloody thread.

Boards deliberately make it this way.

- There is no enforcement of reading the thread, unlike other sites. Try asking a question that's been asked before on XDA
    - The OP can't be edited and updated as new info arises.
    - The search function is beyond useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

sweetie wrote: »

37 pages now, useless nearly at that length.

How? Most of the information is in the OP.

People are just so lazy. Fair enough if it's a genuine question about a service, but it's literally asked every single page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How? Most of the information is in the OP.

People are just so lazy. Fair enough if it's a genuine question about a service, but it's literally asked every single page.

The OP was last edited in May. It's a reasonable to assume this thread is unwieldy and not a sign of laziness that it is daunting for newcomers.

As I suggested before we need to have a Google Spreadsheet that can be appended to.

• Advertisement

Why haven't you made one yet then?

The OP still has most of the information needed. It's not hard to search back a few pages.

For anyone reading, you can't really buy anything with credit. They've pretty much taken everything away.

Advertisement