Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Text street lights to 50300 to support Irish homeless charities. €4 taken of which 3.60 goes to the charities.

Viber have brought out a plan with unlimited international calls (landline and mobile) for €9.49/month. Great value.

Included countries:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States Virgin Islands, USA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I thought it was on here have gone pages back and can't find it.

Changed my #1 sim network on my dual sim and now my 3 network isn't showing up in the play store options to pay for stuff

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Change it back to your no 1 SIM? Why break something that was working?

Not sure Google play registers 2 SIM cards. Fairly certain from experience it's just the main SIM in the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

RossieMan wrote: »
    Change it back to your no 1 SIM? Why break something that was working?

Not sure Google play registers 2 SIM cards. Fairly certain from experience it's just the main SIM in the phone.

Ah ok I'll test that out.
    It was initially 2x Three sims
    I'll swap them and check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I take it that it's not possible to pay for Express VPN with credit anymore given that it's not in the OP? I've tried paying through the app but the option is not appearing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

For other people's reference, I'm going to respond to my own query. I used Express VPN's live chat and apparently it is not possible to pay by credit anymore. However, I have now purchased PIA VPN using my credit which will cost €7.52 a month - it seems to be working well so far on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just to update the problem I was having with paying for an Office365 subscription. I let my free month's trial finish and then tried to sign up again and I was able to use my 3 credit to pay for it. Paying €10 a month for 6 users of Office365. Each user can install office apps on multiple devices. I think they can only use 1 at a time though. But the big thing is 1TB storage x 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

For other people's reference, I'm going to respond to my own query. I used Express VPN's live chat and apparently it is not possible to pay by credit anymore. However, I have now purchased PIA VPN using my credit which will cost €7.52 a month - it seems to be working well so far on my laptop.

You can also pay for PIA's yearly one using credit, $39.99 or whatever it translates to in € at the time, it totalled €43.30 for me for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wheety wrote: »
    Just to update the problem I was having with paying for an Office365 subscription. I let my free month's trial finish and then tried to sign up again and I was able to use my 3 credit to pay for it. Paying €10 a month for 6 users of Office365. Each user can install office apps on multiple devices. I think they can only use 1 at a time though. But the big thing is 1TB storage x 6.

I've been meaning to use my storage... wonder if they have issues me storing Blu Ray rips on it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've been meaning to use my storage... wonder if they have issues me storing Blu Ray rips on it :o

Just buy a hdd

vargoo wrote: »
    Just buy a hdd

Just did, filled it up already! :pac:

but I do feel the 1TB is a bit wasted if I'm paying for it and not using it. Would rather store stuff there I'm not worried about losing, so no photos or personal files, but yes to downloaded files.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just did, filled it up already! :pac:

but I do feel the 1TB is a bit wasted if I'm paying for it and not using it. Would rather store stuff there I'm not worried about losing, so no photos or personal files, but yes to downloaded files.

Would you not be better off storing stuff you are worried about losing? Hard drives fail all the time. Even if you have several copies of photos/personal files, online is another option which won't suffer from hard drive failures or other damage.

Wheety wrote: »
    Would you not be better off storing stuff you are worried about losing? Hard drives fail all the time. Even if you have several copies of photos/personal files, online is another option which won't suffer from hard drive failures or other damage.

Because once you stop paying for OneDrive you don't have access to them any longer.

I've looked it up and apparently it's fine to upload to OneDrive as long as you don't share the content.

Because once you stop paying for OneDrive you don't have access to them any longer.

I've looked it up and apparently it's fine to upload to OneDrive as long as you don't share the content.

Wrong.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/onedrive-storage-plan-and-billing-questions-989fce19-ade6-4e2f-81fb-941eabefee28

Dont know what to make of wasting time uploading something you don't give a fig about either, stop wasting electricity, data, time, storage etc!

If you continue to exceed your storage limit for an extended period of time, your account will be frozen.

so yeah.. seems data will be inaccessible if you leave it indefinitely once over 5GB if you decide not to resubscribe for whatever reason.
    Dont know what to make of wasting time uploading something you don't give a fig about either, stop wasting electricity, data, time, storage etc!

It's not that I don't care about losing it... it's that I won't be AS bothered about losing it should I neglect to get it down for whatever reason, as I can just redownload.

The point is to use the OneDrive as a spacer to clear up storage space so I can store more files locally.

anyway this is off topic, take it to PM if you want to discuss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is anyone using a VPN paid for by carrier billing for €10 or less a month?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is anyone using a VPN paid for by carrier billing for €10 or less a month?

Read back a page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Read back a page

My bad, I missed that when it was posted. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Three the stingey bastards have deactivated One Drive. Thought I was getting away with it. Payment went in last month.

• Advertisement

Sorry Three!

Can't idiot proof myself. Be good if I checked my balance before complaining. Assume my balance was too low. Whoops !

They've deactivated everything else so wouldn't surprise me! Can't use Boku payment anymore with three for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

DrZeuss wrote: »
    You can also pay for PIA's yearly one using credit, $39.99 or whatever it translates to in € at the time, it totalled €43.30 for me for the year.

How do you actually perform the transaction using your phone credit, as in the site gives you a list of payment options: Paypal, credit card, bitcoin etc., but which one do you select, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thebo

roper1664 wrote: »
    How do you actually perform the transaction using your phone credit, as in the site gives you a list of payment options: Paypal, credit card, bitcoin etc., but which one do you select, please?

Use the pia phone app to purchase with credit

TallGlass wrote: »
    Three the stingey bastards have deactivated One Drive. Thought I was getting away with it. Payment went in last month.

I just got a notification that my Office / One Drive sub was renewed for another month today via Google Pay (using Three credit)?

I just got a notification that my Office / One Drive sub was renewed for another month today via Google Pay (using Three credit)?

Yeah, I think there sub works on monthly, while 3's is 28 days so they can go out of sync, literally just topped up today so if it tried today would have been fine :(

Oh right. Thought u were saying you couldn't pay for OneDrive any longer...phew

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

They've deactivated everything else so wouldn't surprise me! Can't use Boku payment anymore with three for the last few months.

Their customer service has been trying for the last 3 and a half weeks to find out for me what Boku can actually be used for :D

Boku used to be the only thing I used it for on g2a. Twitch is what I spend my credit on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Boku used to be the only thing I used it for on g2a. Twitch is what I spend my credit on now.

I don't see Boku in the payment methods there now :(

Advertisement