Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Can also use it to buy audio books and alot are cheaper then the same audio books on Amazon's Audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't see Boku in the payment methods there now

Of course you don't, it was removed?

Did you even read my posts? Three obviously stopped supporting it. Can still be used in the Uk as I've tried it with a VPN. Don't think thats with Boku though if I remember correctly.

You could buy PUBG directly too with credit, that's gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

RossieMan wrote: »
    Of course you don't, it was removed?

Did you even read my posts? Three obviously stopped supporting it. Can still be used in the Uk as I've tried it with a VPN. Don't think thats with Boku though if I remember correctly.

You could buy PUBG directly too with credit, that's gone as well.

It was still listed on the Three site until recently, which is why I contacted their Twitter help account and why they're currently following up with Boku for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

How do you get an increase in the maximum spend (if you can ) have a subscription that I might try but only does a year at a time, so pay by carrier goes red and says need to contact carrier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spook_ie wrote: »
    How do you get an increase in the maximum spend (if you can ) have a subscription that I might try but only does a year at a time, so pay by carrier goes red and says need to contact carrier

I think it's E30 per month with VF, and I don't think you can go over that, so am guessing you're with VF?

I spent about E40 on a VPN recently with 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Can you use built up phone credit against your mobile bills if you switch to bill pay? Thought I read something about that here before

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Colemania wrote: »
    Can you use built up phone credit against your mobile bills if you switch to bill pay? Thought I read something about that here before

You lose all the credit if you switch to bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Can also use it to buy audio books and alot are cheaper then the same audio books on Amazon's Audible.

From where lucast... google play or a different site? cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Access wrote: »

Also like to know where too. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

martin101 wrote: »
    Also like to know where too. Thanks

in play books, select book and switch to audiobook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Access wrote:

Google play just go to books and search ur book then audio version of book will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hadn't heard of boku before but looking at a few videos online it seems i can pay for psn plus subscriptions. Has anyone had any luck doing so on Vodafone? That would be a nice extra if I could use it every so often.

Sir Dosser wrote:
    Hadn't heard of boku before but looking at a few videos online it seems i can pay for psn plus subscriptions. Has anyone had any luck doing so on Vodafone? That would be a nice extra if I could use it every so often.

What website can you purchase it from?

Don't think you're using up to date information. Hmvgamecredit was a good one but they're gone what must be a year now?

I was referring to this video but it turns out it's UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Call_me_Al

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I was referring to this video but it turns out it's UK only

We need this in ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

I was starting my free trial of YouTube Premium in the Android app and despite my 3 credit being set up as a payment method it prompted me for card details. I assume I'm not missing something and Google don't let you pay for one of their own services with credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

You can. I pay my YouTube premium with three credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

For the day that's in it, text CANCER to 50300 to donate €4 of which €3.60 goes to the Irish cancer society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

You can. I pay my YouTube premium with three credit.

Is it easy to set up? I'm assuming it has been mentioned before but not sure how far back I would have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

sweetie wrote: »
    For the day that's in it, text CANCER to 50300 to donate €4 of which €3.60 goes to the Irish cancer society.

And €3 more goes to CEO??

• Advertisement

vargoo wrote:

Uneducated post. ICS is one of the most transparent of all Irish charities.

It's phone credit, great cause to support much better than leaving it for free to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

It's phone credit, great cause to support much better than leaving it for free to take.

In fairness, he's not far wrong. It's unrestricted income for them. They can use it how they want and it will inevitably be used for salaries.

The only way I'd donate it that way would be if it was restricted to a certain project or research. They would then have to use it solely on that and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

vargoo wrote: »

Give over. Working off of the same ratio as can be figured out in their accounts publicly available here
    https://search.benefacts.ie/org/ed4d2d2b-9a89-493f-854d-79dc9b253d40/irish-cancer-society

26.9 Million total income, working on the assumption that the CEO is the highest paid employee listed under the 130k - 140k.
    (135000/26900000)*(100/1) gives you 0.5% of all income on the CEOs salary.
    Of the 3.60 that the service provider passes on, 0.5% = €0.018. Not even a two-penny sweet.

Give over. Working off of the same ratio as can be figured out in their accounts publicly available here
    https://search.benefacts.ie/org/ed4d2d2b-9a89-493f-854d-79dc9b253d40/irish-cancer-society

26.9 Million total income, working on the assumption that the CEO is the highest paid employee listed under the 130k - 140k.
    (135000/26900000)*(100/1) gives you 0.5% of all income on the CEOs salary.
    Of the 3.60 that the service provider passes on, 0.5% = €0.018. Not even a two-penny sweet.
    https://www.cancer.ie/node/3400#sthash.7Ml790FW.dpbs

A third of their budget went paying 142 people (€7 million), that's not the nurses who did the actual work either.

Very good to themselves, CEO pay was cut as it was (is) a joke.

And you just KNOW if you go through the expenditure you'll find lots of other very nice perks.

The stench off these charities will be here for a long, long time.

This isn't a thread for bashing charities. It's a great way of spending unwanted credit for a very worthy cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

BTW. What is the credit limit on three prepay after which is gone from your account ? Is it a certain amount or period of time after initial top up

BTW. What is the credit limit on three prepay after which is gone from your account ? Is it a certain amount or period of time after initial top up

Someone said €160 and they'd take abit, I'm over that and it's still going.

Maybe it's in the T&Cs, not gonna waste time looking for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

I remember contacting support for my credit going missing and was told anything older than 6 months is lost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have over E200 credit and climbing, I only use E10 p/m on Deezer.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I have over E200 credit and climbing, I only use E10 p/m on Deezer.

If you are on Vodafone you can send credit to other people on Vodafone. Better than letting it expire.

* I'm on Vodafone! ;)

Advertisement