Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    If you are on Vodafone you can send credit to other people on Vodafone. Better than letting it expire.

That's not the way you are doing it:)
    Officially this service is no longer available but still works:

Send the word "SEND" in a new text message followed by your friend's mobile number (with no spaces between the numbers) and the amount to 50223. So to donate €5 to the mobile number 0871234567 you would text "Send 0871234567 5".
    Max €20 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

loki7777 wrote: »

Send the word "SEND" in a new text message followed by your friend's mobile number (with no spaces between the numbers) and the amount to 50223. So to donate €5 to the mobile number 0871234567 you would text "Send 0871234567 5".
    Max €20 per week.

Only did it once myself. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Max €20 per week.

Do you know if that would activate a top up, say the free voda to voda calls and 5gigs of data ?

oleras wrote: »
    Do you know if that would activate a top up, say the free voda to voda calls and 5gigs of data ?

No.It won't.

oleras wrote: »

No, but you could buy add-ons. The 5gb add-on for €15 and the 100 any network minutes for €5. Or you could buy credits on Yolla (same as viber out) and get up to 172 Irish mobile minutes/258 Irish landline minutes for $4.

When you call someone through Yolla they see your real phone number and they don't need Yolla. The credits also don't expire so if you only use a few minutes each month $4 can last ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I remember contacting support for my credit going missing and was told anything older than 6 months is lost.
    My Three account balance page says the credits:

Won't expire**

**If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

No, but you could buy add-ons. The 5gb add-on for €15 and the 100 any network minutes for €5. Or you could buy credits on Yolla (same as viber out) and get up to 172 Irish mobile minutes/258 Irish landline minutes for $4.

When you call someone through Yolla they see your real phone number and they don't need Yolla. The credits also don't expire so if you only use a few minutes each month $4 can last ages.

Would you say this is better than Viber?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My Three account balance page says the credits:

Won't expire**

**If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use.

The reason it gets lost is because you can't get to the particular bit of credit to make a chargeable call. You're only ever making the call with the oldest credit.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Disney Life on Google Play. Sign in with Google when signing up. 7 day trial then €6.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

In some stage I had more than €200 in my Vodafone, they rang me and offered me to sign a rolling 1 month contract and use my credit to pay for it, it worked fine, it was €20/month, any network call or txt and any national landline free, the catch is 1g/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Disney Life on Google Play. Sign in with Google when signing up. 7 day trial then €6.99 per month.

The final piece of the jigsaw for finally quitting sky
    Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Now that is tempting....I might use it more than I use shudder....
    Does it let you download things to watch offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

The reason it gets lost is because you can't get to the particular bit of credit to make a chargeable call. You're only ever making the call with the oldest credit.
    Thanks - there must be something like this going on, as, in retrospect, it only shows the last 7 topups, and I had wondered why things didn't go back farther

jeffk wrote: »

I use Viber Out purely because I already use Viber. Yolla definitely seems cheaper, but I guess it depends on how much you use the service. For me it was about weighing up whether it was worth installing another app just for the limited number of calls I make.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Max €20 per week.

Just tried that and got a text back to say service unavailable... :(

It is working fine.
    Maybe you have to opt in to IOU and the other number as well?

jeffk wrote: »

I'd say it's the same, just with a different UI and cheaper. Never liked viber and anyone who had it all had WhatsApp so I got rid of it a good few years ago.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I use Viber Out purely because I already use Viber. Yolla definitely seems cheaper, but I guess it depends on how much you use the service. For me it was about weighing up whether it was worth installing another app just for the limited number of calls I make.

Ill give it a go so thanks

With my vodafone deal I am left with E20, either use E15 for calls I might not use or use some of credit for app/service(E10 on dropbox) and then see will E10 be enough, or try a service like you suggested

Sadly anytime I used Viber i had issues so ended up on Whatsapp and seems everyone is on now, I hate having apps installed unless I HAVE to

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It is working fine.
    Maybe you have to opt in to IOU and the other number as well?

Hmm - Maybe that's it. I can't opt in on the other number as it's in a tracker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

gmisk wrote: »
    Now that is tempting....I might use it more than I use shudder....
    Does it let you download things to watch offline?

Yes it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I use Yolla - it's fine if you have decent data coverage, if not I just use the regular dialler. Yolla also doesn't work for 1890, 1818 type numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Basil3 wrote: »

What is the quality of viber out like?

I would find it good for calling my dad - landline number.

Can you also use call credit to buy credit on Yolla?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Can you also use call credit to buy credit on Yolla?
    Yes. Use my link and we'll both get $3 credit each once you buy credits.

<Mod Snip - referrals are not allowed>

Yes. Use my link and we'll both get $3 credit each once you buy credits.

<Mod snip - referrals are not allowed>

<Mod snip - referrals are not allowed>

Weird I had one in a boldking thread no bother, good aul boards reminding you not to bother posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ygaurav

Hi

Is this for only pre paid credit or post paid subscriper can take take advantage of this

ygaurav wrote: »
    Hi

Is this for only pre paid credit or post paid subscriper can take take advantage of this

Post paid would add to their bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Viber won't seem to allow me to buy any more credit with Three credit.
    Says "item already owned" or something.
    Have about 48 euro in Viber credit

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Viber won't seem to allow me to buy any more credit with Three credit.
    Says "item already owned" or something.
    Have about 48 euro in Viber credit

Maybe there's a €50 limit on Viber credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Just a heads up to anyone who is using the three pre-pay. I had 26 euro credit in my account yesterday and my deal was up at midnight, woke up this morning and all of my credit was gone. I couldnt believe how that much could be gone overnight so i had a look at three's price per mb on pre-pay and they charge an exorbitant amount of 1.01 euro per mb outside of their unlimited plan.

looking at the other companies and eir only charge 2c per mb outside of their bundle and vodafone are only 1c per mb.

How are they allowed to charge this price outside of their plan i do not know but just letting people know so that hopefully ye dont get caught like i did :(

• Advertisement

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone who is using the three pre-pay. I had 26 euro credit in my account yesterday and my deal was up at midnight, woke up this morning and all of my credit was gone. I couldnt believe how that much could be gone overnight so i had a look at three's price per mb on pre-pay and they charge an exorbitant amount of 1.01 euro per mb outside of their unlimited plan.

looking at the other companies and eir only charge 2c per mb outside of their bundle and vodafone are only 1c per mb.

How are they allowed to charge this price outside of their plan i do not know but just letting people know so that hopefully ye dont get caught like i did :(

Set an automatic top-up for every 28 days. Sorted.

Advertisement