Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

GBX wrote: »
    No ads, downloads, play in the background (as an aside, if thats not enough to entice you to use credit, check out Youtube Vanced - this plays in the background)

And no ads on YouTube vanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been asked a few times, but what are the general benefits for YouTube premium?

Just offline streaming?

You also get exclusive series like cobra kai

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been asked a few times, but what are the general benefits for YouTube premium?

Just offline streaming?

You get YouTube without ads, offline streaming, downloads, premium content, YouTube music without ads, and also Google Play Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

GBX wrote: »
    No ads, downloads, play in the background (as an aside, if thats not enough to entice you to use credit, check out Youtube Vanced - this plays in the background)

https://youtubevanced.com/

Ymusic is also a good app for YouTube music background play.

https://ymusic.io

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I wonder will we be able to purchase Google Stadia subs via carrier billing. Now that would be sweet as it'll be around €9.99 a month.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I wonder will we be able to purchase Google Stadia subs via carrier billing. Now that would be sweet as it'll be around €9.99 a month.

Speaking of Stadia, I got an email from the UK Google Store about preordering it, and saw it was £129. Went to the Irish store to preorder and it was €129. Pleasant surprise.

Don't tell my Mrs.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Speaking of Stadia, I got an email from the UK Google Store about preordering it, and saw it was £129. Went to the Irish store to preorder and it was €129. Pleasant surprise.

Don't tell my Mrs.

What games are going to be on stadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Asus X540L wrote: »
    What games are going to be on stadia?

With the paid subscription you get access a small number of games... but Destiny 2 with season 2 dlc is their flagship title, so probably not going to be a great selection (base game and season 1 dlc is going free to play anyway on all platforms)

Other than that, they have to buy the games, but they'll be standard retail price. Seem to have a lot of big names coming tho

There's also a free subscription that lets you play the games you bought at a lower resolution.

You'll be at the mercy of your internet connection though?

Mine isn't great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Asus X540L wrote: »
    You'll be at the mercy of your internet connection though?

Mine isn't great tbh

Internet Speed: You’ll need connectivity to stream games, naturally. Google recommends 35 mbps for the highest-level, 4K experience. 20 will get you 1080p, and 10 will get you 720p.

10 mb minimum.

Beyond many in Ireland probably for the next 20-30 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

any VPN that i can spend my Vodafone credit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

I'V GOT €140
    140 IN Vodafone credit Keeps asking to upgrade every six months so now i have aculminated €140 in cridit with pay as you go i use the phone for emergencies only as i can access my kids via SKYPEE ECT.

Can anyone help in useing my excess. I have set up my charity netwok already so this is not an aption.
    Thanks in advance

Derick

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

DERICKOO wrote: »
    I'V GOT €140
    140 IN Vodafone credit Keeps asking to upgrade every six months so now i have aculminated €140 in cridit with pay as you go i use the phone for emergencies only as i can access my kids via SKYPEE ECT.

Can anyone help in useing my excess. I have set up my charity netwok already so this is not an aption.
    Thanks in advance

Derick
    Turn off charity and you'll have more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

DERICKOO wrote: »

Can anyone help in useing my excess.

Derick

Could buy/rent a load of movies from Google Play Movies.

e-books or Audiobooks from the Play Store if movies are not your thing

As you only use your phone for emergencies, then you may not want the above (assuming you have an other way to play said content), if not then i'm sure looking back through the thread will give you ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I have 20 eur Vodafone top up..can I use it for anything else ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I have 20 eur Vodafone top up..can I use it for anything else ??

Check the 60 odd pages in the thread. Main ones are on first page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Probably asked hundreds of times so apologies, to use the credit on the play store for yt premium etc, I just go to the play store app, go to payment options and click use Vodafone Billing and that will just use my credit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

That’s right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Just for reference. Is there an up to date list of things to use your credit on, I'm asking as the first post hasn't been updated in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

RossD12 wrote: »
    That’s right

Cheers did that but when I try to buy it it won't let me, it says another app is blocking access to Google pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Just for reference. Is there an up to date list of things to use your credit on, I'm asking as the first post hasn't been updated in over a year.

There's not a whole lot new except for yt premium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

There's not a whole lot new except for yt premium

And Disney Life.....

OP needs to be updated with a link to a Google Doc or something

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

you can 'top-up' some voip apps with credit : i.e. viber and yolla ( and possible others too) for calling abroad on low rates, using your mobile number as call id
    [ in Vodafone's case : up to 3-4 years ago, it was up to 1 euro/min to call some mobile destination within EU ; even now, if you don't have any bundle to include 'national minutes' , you will pay around 30c/min to call someone down the street on another network, but waaay cheaper to call UK and other 'in demand' foreign destinations..]

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Dies anyone use credit to pay for a VPN? If so, which VPN do you use? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

dercunx wrote: »

Why do you want a VPN

I got windscribe for a tenner for a year and only use it as chrome extension to block ads and get onto restricted sites

On the phone I found it did more harm then good, slower speeds, Google play store didn't seem to work properly to name a few

Maybe other providers don't have issues, but the speeds definitely take a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jeffk wrote:
    Why do you want a VPN

If you don't know this, Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you don't know this, Google it.

Im asking him why, I have an idea, but doesnt seem to match up

Search for something and oh look ads on facebook for what you searched

After that all I see is get restricted sites or Bt Sport on youtube videos(most seem to be UK only)

Id rather spend my money on a cloud provider to back up person pictures/videos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Am wondering same. So many things that used to work being limited now:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

dercunx wrote:

I use Private Internet Access

Advertisement