Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Always do coingate, send it to my hardware wallet

It costs €35 from 3 for about €14 of ethereum. Don't know about other networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I tried the Coingate thing a few days ago and I wasn't able to complete it. I assumed that Three had blocked it.

Was the call ended, or did the transaction fail? It has issues sending such small amounts of cryptocurrencies, the likes of Bittrex for example won't let you deposit less than 0.05Eth at a time.

If the call ended, beware that some accounts have a premium rate block which can be lifted by 3, and the call actually costs €35-36.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What ID do coingate require ? The seem to want an ID card which we don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I know it's possible to but games in the Epic game store but is there any way to buy Nintendo Switch games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi has anyone bought anything on Dundle.com , appear to be selling all sorts of cards , vouchers etc and using DaoPay which is the same as the crypto orders, an example is an Amazon.de €25 euro gift card for €44 of credit, probably cheaper than going the crypto route as the fees for crypto on small purchases is nuts.

I have 2x€60 accounts (phone and BB) so will try once I figure what to get and report back.

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi has anyone bought anything on Dundle.com , appear to be selling all sorts of cards , vouchers etc and using DaoPay which is the same as the crypto orders, an example is an Amazon.de €25 euro gift card for €44 of credit, probably cheaper than going the crypto route as the fees for crypto on small purchases is nuts.

I have 2x€60 accounts (phone and BB) so will try once I figure what to get and report back.

Just had a look. It mentions that they may ask for verification documents after you pay. If you choose Amazon it is country specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Was the call ended, or did the transaction fail? It has issues sending such small amounts of cryptocurrencies, the likes of Bittrex for example won't let you deposit less than 0.05Eth at a time.

If the call ended, beware that some accounts have a premium rate block which can be lifted by 3, and the call actually costs €35-36.

If I remember right, it told me that I couldn't make the call from Ireland or my provider.

Just tried to use Dundle to buy an Amazon voucher using Three credit. I got this message:

Something went wrong
    Unfortunately we have had to cancel your order for security reasons.

To continue with your order, you have the following options:
    Pick a different payment method.
    Reduce the total amount of your order.
    Our apologies for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

In my 3 app under offers it has 3 months free prime video for free then 5.99 a month. Assume this comes off credit but just wondering if anyone else has signed up to this via app?

irishchris wrote: »
    In my 3 app under offers it has 3 months free prime video for free then 5.99 a month. Assume this comes off credit but just wondering if anyone else has signed up to this via app?

Received a text message welcoming me to prime video and an unaccessible weblink. Under app it just says pending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Received a text message welcoming me to prime video and an unaccessible weblink. Under app it just says pending

I was wondering where you could see this, as I could see nothing in the 3plus app.
    But I see it now in the My3 app under "Boost Your Plan"..
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - 3 months free then €9.99 p/m
    • Cafeyn - €9.99
    • Kindle Unlimited - 3 months free then €8.99 p/m
    • Amazon Prime Video - 3 months free then €5.99 p/m

Interesting, I hope that they don't class that as a change to the plan and it ends up taking away the top up and keep your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I know it's possible to but games in the Epic game store but is there any way to buy Nintendo Switch games?
    Its not possible to buy games on Epic using three credit anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Its not possible to buy games on Epic using three credit anymore.

Oh wow, when did that happen!?

Oh wow, when did that happen!?
    Yeah, bigtime sux, i bought a load of games at Christmas with three credit, had some more credit at the begining of Feb and went to buy something but the option was gone :(

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I was wondering where you could see this, as I could see nothing in the 3plus app.
    But I see it now in the My3 app under "Boost Your Plan"..
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - 3 months free then €9.99 p/m
    • Cafeyn - €9.99
    • Kindle Unlimited - 3 months free then €8.99 p/m
    • Amazon Prime Video - 3 months free then €5.99 p/m

Interesting, I hope that they don't class that as a change to the plan and it ends up taking away the top up and keep your credit.

Yep got it sorted and have 3 months free prime video now with 5.99 a month off credit after that

Yep got it sorted and have 3 months free prime video now with 5.99 a month off credit after that

I can't find the boost my plan section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Discodog wrote: »
    I can't find the boost my plan section.

Go to add ons > video on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

And are we sure it doesn't fupp our being able to keep, and then spend credit if we avail of these offers?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Just tried Dundle there and worked, bought 3 months PSN credit and it worked out around 36 euro in calls. Select the bundle you want and then select payment method as "Phone Payment Call" and not SMS and it sends oyu to dao pay, it worked out at two calls, then confirm your email for instant delivery.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Go to add ons > video on demand.

Thanks. Found it & signed up.

• Advertisement

Just tried Dundle there and worked, bought 3 months PSN credit and it worked out around 36 euro in calls. Select the bundle you want and then select payment method as "Phone Payment Call" and not SMS and it sends oyu to dao pay, it worked out at two calls, then confirm your email for instant delivery.

Just looking at this again I think the payment was over 40 in credit so make sure you have a few euro more than the doapay pricing on your credit before starting the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Yeah, bigtime sux, i bought a load of games at Christmas with three credit, had some more credit at the begining of Feb and went to buy something but the option was gone :(

The option was still available for me yesterday (although I didn't buy anything).

troched wrote: »
    The option was still available for me yesterday (although I didn't buy anything).
    Thanks, thats great news :), strange, maybe its something wrong with the three payment i setup(used it before to buy games there). Ill try and set up that account again.

I'm getting the same problem as the other person, it tells me there's a security error. Do you need to use a VPN or anything?

I'm getting the same problem as the other person, it tells me there's a security error. Do you need to use a VPN or anything?
    No VPN required, did you try the PSN 3 months, and pop in your email to create an order then you will be asked the payment method, the phone payment, try that just to see the results. I did get different results trying German Amazon cards and UK cards.

No VPN required, did you try the PSN 3 months, and pop in your email to create an order then you will be asked the payment method, the phone payment, try that just to see the results. I did get different results trying German Amazon cards and UK cards.

Ah, I don't have any consoles, so I was trying the Amazon option. Do you mean they didn't work for you?

It went through at last, but when I called the number I got a message saying, "Your service does not allow access to this number".

Edit: I'm checking something with Three. I got swindled by some premium text games crowd in Wales a year or two ago. They seemingly just randomly chose my number and charged me e20, and then sent me an IP address about 200km away as proof I'd signed up :D I think I asked for a block to premium services on my account after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

It went through at last, but when I called the number I got a message saying, "Your service does not allow access to this number".

Edit: I'm checking something with Three. I got swindled by some premium text games crowd in Wales a year or two ago. They seemingly just randomly chose my number and charged me e20, and then sent me an IP address about 200km away as proof I'd signed up :D I think I asked for a block to premium services on my account after that.

Similar happened to me, with the help of comreg I got a refund via PayPal. Truly the best way I spent 20 euro 3 credit :D

Similar happened to me, with the help of comreg I got a refund via PayPal. Truly the best way I spent 20 euro 3 credit :D

Yeah I got it back (maybe even twice ;) ) but it was absolutely infuriating.

• Advertisement

It was when I tried to buy an Amazon UK that I got the security message. So I tried Amazon.de & got the same.

I emailed CS & got a message to use a different payment method. They also said that they couldn't discuss security issues.

Advertisement