Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Discodog wrote: »
    It was when I tried to buy an Amazon UK that I got the security message. So I tried Amazon.de & got the same.

I emailed CS & got a message to use a different payment method. They also said that they couldn't discuss security issues.

I got it an order work with Amazon.de, but I haven't been able to complete the actual payment part because the block hasn't lifted yet. I think it's luck of the draw if an order works or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just got Dundle to work for Amazon Germany. €19 for a €10 voucher. Long winded & expensive but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

And are we sure it doesn't fupp our being able to keep, and then spend credit if we avail of these offers?

I had the same concerns but it looks to be safe, found a thread on 3's community saying if it shows as available on your plan then it won't affect your plan.

Ref: https://community.three.ie/t5/The-Living-Room/Pssst-I-heard-a-rumour/td-p/769840

I signed up there a few minutes ago and my plan has stayed the same, at least so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I had the same concerns but it looks to be safe, found a thread on 3's community saying if it shows as available on your plan then it won't affect your plan.

Ref: https://community.three.ie/t5/The-Living-Room/Pssst-I-heard-a-rumour/td-p/769840

I signed up there a few minutes ago and my plan has stayed the same, at least so far anyway.

Thanks, might give it a go then.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dundle seems to work ok. Just bought a second Amazon.de voucher. €15 gift card was €27 in Three credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone manage to get google stradia monthly subscription paid with 3 credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

How do I get into the vodafone store to spend my credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How do I get into the vodafone store to spend my credit?

What?

You spend it in the Google play store, if that's your question.

RossieMan wrote: »
    What?

You spend it in the Google play store, if that's your question.

That was my question, can see my credit but didn't know where to spend it. Cheers.

Is it synced up or something? I dunno where my credit amount would show up in my Google play store

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

That was my question, can see my credit but didn't know where to spend it. Cheers.

Is it synced up or something? I dunno where my credit amount would show up in my Google play store

You need to access the Play Store on your phone, and then choose the payment method in your account settings.

From there you should see your mobile provider listed and you can select that as the default payment source.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    You need to access the Play Store on your phone, and then choose the payment method in your account settings.

From there you should see your mobile provider listed and you can select that as the default payment source.

Yeah see I don't have any option for mobile provider or anything. I think my phone was bought from Amazon uk so wonder is that having an impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Will this work with App store?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Loads of good movies on sale on iTunes this week.

Reservoir Dogs €4
    2001: A Space Odyssey €4
    Maradona documentary €4
    Dunkirk €5
    The Green Mile €4
    The Shining €4

And loads more. A lot of them in 4K too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

epicgames allows purchases with 3 credit, if that's of any use to people..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

epicgames allows purchases with 3 credit, if that's of any use to people..

Have you tried recently? I spent loads there at Christmas, but then the option was removed as far as I knew. If you can do it again, great!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

When will we see the EU regulations with regards the refund of call credit?

I have alot of call credit with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    When will we see the EU regulations with regards the refund of call credit?

I have alot of call credit with eir

According to this it came in last year.

https://48.ie/legal/EECC_2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone having trouble making payments in the Play Store with Vodafone credit? The Vodafone option is "Unavailable" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nforce wrote:
    Anyone having trouble making payments in the Play Store with Vodafone credit? The Vodafone option is "Unavailable" for me.

Happens from time to time, try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

Does anybody know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have with 3?

Twice, I went a long time without buying anything, and when I topped up, my credit balance reverted to its pre-top up balance a couple of days later. Think I was at ~€140 after topping up (before it was reduced).

The last time it happened was around March last year. I didn't bother flagging with 3 Customer Service, because there were far more important things happening in the world back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thebo

troched wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have with 3?

Twice, I went a long time without buying anything, and when I topped up, my credit balance reverted to its pre-top up balance a couple of days later. Think I was at ~€140 after topping up (before it was reduced).

The last time it happened was around March last year. I didn't bother flagging with 3 Customer Service, because there were far more important things happening in the world back then.

Some credit expires after a certain amount of time has passed if it isn't used.

You can check on the my3 app when the next €20 date is expiring.

Unfortunately I don't think it uses the oldest credit first when buying. So would have to spend a lot of credit to save the old €20 from expiring.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

thebo wrote: »
    Some credit expires after a certain amount of time has passed if it isn't used.

You can check on the my3 app when the next €20 date is expiring.

Unfortunately I don't think it uses the oldest credit first when buying. So would have to spend a lot of credit to save the old €20 from expiring.
    Exactly this. Top-up credit is queued and expires after six months if you haven't started using the credit from that specific top up yet.

So if I start off with, say, a €5 balance, and top up by €20 a month, after six months of topping up by €20 a month, if you haven't used all of the original €5, you'll have what's left of the €5 as active credit and €120 queued credit.

When you top up for the seventh month, if you still haven't used all of the original €5, it'll be about six months after you topped up for the first month and that €20 expires. So your balance remains unchanged with €120 queued credit.

Each subsequent month, another €20 credit will expire if you haven't started eating into that €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭Villa05

A subscription to Disney plus or Microsoft 365 (includes 1 tb one drive storage) would help in ensuring top ups don't expire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm tried availing of the amazon prime video 3 months free and then €5.99 after that, it looks like I've set it up okay in the my3 app, it's showing as an active add on. But when I log into prime video with my amazon account I linked it says I don't have access

EDIT: Actually I see the status of the subscription is 'pending' in the my3, anyone know how long it usually takes

I'm tried availing of the amazon prime video 3 months free and then €5.99 after that, it looks like I've set it up okay in the my3 app, it's showing as an active add on. But when I log into prime video with my amazon account I linked it says I don't have access

EDIT: Actually I see the status of the subscription is 'pending' in the my3, anyone know how long it usually takes

The €5.99 is taken from Three credit?

mrcheez wrote: »
    The €5.99 is taken from Three credit?

Supposedly so, it's discussed a couple of pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

Anyone have any good places to use 3 credit? I know only of epicgames, youtube and google play store.. any other places /websites we could buy stuff with credit?

Supposedly so, it's discussed a couple of pages back

Nice! I might swap my monthly Shudder for €4.99 for Prime Video for €5.99 as, while Shudder is great, Prime Video would have far more horror

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone have any good places to use 3 credit? I know only of epicgames, youtube and google play store.. any other places /websites we could buy stuff with credit?

You'll have to read through this thread m8 lol.

• Advertisement

I figured out the problem was that I was trying to use Samsung mobile browser to link my three account to my amazon account and the 'activate' button was missing. Doing it in chrome and the activate button appeared

Advertisement