Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies Practical Exam

Options
  • 08-05-2018 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all, I have my practical exam tommorow but unfortunatly I broke my wrist the weekend.. Just wondering what will I do? Will I just have to take the hit on the results and possibly fail construction or is there something I can do. I dont plan on going to college so points isnt my main priority.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm presuming you can't really make any serious attempt at the exam with your wrist the way it is?

You can get a doctor's note put in to make some allowance for how your piece might end up, but the practical exam will have to be done in the allotted time period I'm afraid.

You can still do your written exam. I'm not sure what percentage it would count for, but you could only be marked on those marks, so if the practical is worth 40% (complete guess) and you don't do it, the maximum you could get on the written would be 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Roguee wrote: »
    Hi all, I have my practical exam tommorow but unfortunatly I broke my wrist the weekend.. Just wondering what will I do? Will I just have to take the hit on the results and possibly fail construction or is there something I can do. I dont plan on going to college so points isnt my main priority.

Cheers

If you're unable to do it at all due to injury, get your school to contact the SEC straight away. If it's a genuine case, and you have a medical cert, they may be able to arrange a late practical, if your wrist is healed enough in a few weeks' time.

Advertisement