Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOT/Home automation Meetup??

Options
  • 08-05-2018 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

New member here and some really good information in here and there seems to be a great community in here.

I'm a tech enthusiast who has recently begun my journey into home automation and whilst looking for resources online, (tips, tricks, learning from others successes and mistakes) I realised that there doesn't seem to be a meetup in Dublin for IOT/Smart home folk. Perhaps there is a reason for that?

Anyway, the reason for my post is to gauge interest in a meetup here in Dublin (maybe once a month) to share ideas, stories etc?

Hope this ins't breaking any forum rules? Happy to move to another forum if needed?

Thanks,
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

alcritic wrote: »
    Hey guys,

New member here and some really good information in here and there seems to be a great community in here.

I'm a tech enthusiast who has recently begun my journey into home automation and whilst looking for resources online, (tips, tricks, learning from others successes and mistakes) I realised that there doesn't seem to be a meetup in Dublin for IOT/Smart home folk. Perhaps there is a reason for that?

Anyway, the reason for my post is to gauge interest in a meetup here in Dublin (maybe once a month) to share ideas, stories etc?

Hope this ins't breaking any forum rules? Happy to move to another forum if needed?

Thanks,
    Al

If you go for cork, I'm in :-) (despite the username, I live in cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

alcritic wrote:

It's not breaking any rules. A meeting might be a good idea,not sure about the frequency. I can sticky this if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alcritic

Stoner wrote: »
    It's not breaking any rules. A meeting might be a good idea,not sure about the frequency. I can sticky this if you like.

Even once a quarter. That would be great Stoner thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

so when is first meetup? or people aren't interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I would be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just a suggestion but using the meet up app might be helpful for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

Just seeing this now, I would be interested also

Advertisement