Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/dive bar in Limerick city

• 08-05-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Heading to limerick next week for the first time and looking for somewhere good for pints in a rocker, dive bar type setting. Live music all the better but not essential. I'm from Dublin and looking for the Limerick version of Fibbers.

Any suggestions welcome, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Costellos would be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Costellos. /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Costelloes is not a patch on fibbers but probably your best bet.

Limerick used to have a pretty good rock offering in late 90s and early noughties when I started going out. Where have all the rockers gone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

panda100 wrote: »
    Costelloes is not a patch on fibbers but probably your best bet.

Limerick used to have a pretty good rock offering in late 90s and early noughties when I started going out. Where have all the rockers gone????

We all had to grow up when the high stool closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

We all had to grow up when the high stool closed

I miss the stool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

source wrote: »
    I miss the stool

The stool was such a dive bar it made Costellos look good. Damn i miss that place

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrNiceBri

Are you a Bee Gees fan by any chance? :pac:

I'm not there till Monday but this sounds amazing!!! Would have been all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

Kasbah, which is beside/part of Dolan's, would be worth checking out to see if there's anything on when you are in town, as would Dolan's itself

Outside of that choice is very limited. Baker Place & Costelloes used to be a great combination a good few years ago but Baker's is gone years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Limerick doesnt really have any metal/rock bars! Pharmacia do some metal and alt nights where its anything goes. Here are some of the more alternative pubs in the city you should give a try:

Pharmacia
    Mickey Martins
    The Commercial
    Costellos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

The Kasbah be a good shout. the bad rep guys have gigs there most weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Wickham Tap hasn't had a mention. It probably qualifies as a rock/dive bar. Sometimes they have live bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Any place that has Slayer on a jukebox or on speakers is good with me. Any place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The High Stool used be mighty craic when I was in college. Fun times in there absolutely hammered listening to metal and attempting to play pool.

Advertisement