Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating to Charity via Direct Debit

Options
  • 08-05-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I would like to setup a direct debit to a registered charity, but would like to know is it possible to do so if the charity is located in the UK?.

And my second question is, if I am unable to send a direct debit to the UK, then may I setup a direct debit to a country in Europe that also has Euro as its currently, and am I able to allow the payment to come out of my bank at a specific time and day?. I would like the payment to come out after 2AM every Wednesday as that's when I get my weekly payment.

Thank you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi skyman33,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

A direct debit is set up by the company/charity and you'd need to check with the charity if they can set up a SEPA Direct Debit.

In relation to your second question, if setting up a recurring payment from your account you need to set up a Standing Order however, this can only be done to other Irish banks. You would have the option of adding a SEPA payee and manually transferring the funds each time.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement