Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill sprints around Ennis

Options
  • 08-05-2018 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm living in the Ennis area and I'm trying to think of a good location to complete some hill sprints.

I'm sure there are a few local runners on here who can advise as I can't think of anywhere. I'm from Ennis!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

mrmanire wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm living in the Ennis area and I'm trying to think of a good location to complete some hill sprints.

I'm sure there are a few local runners on here who can advise as I can't think of anywhere. I'm from Ennis!

What about the entrance to Lees Road? How long do you want to do the sprints for?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

JohnDozer wrote: »
    mrmanire wrote: »

What about the entrance to Lees Road? How long do you want to do the sprints for?
    I'd be thinking for a 200-250 m at most. The Lees road entrance actually might work. I've never considered the incline there as I usually drive it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

I used to run with Love2Run club in Ennis last year (have to pick it up again) but we would head to Ballybeg woods for hill running.

1 or 2 step inclines (~30%) with some gradual slopes around 5%-10%. Nice and quiet woods to run in and it's not huge so less chance of getting lost.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.8232313,-9.0000847,3a,75y,166.62h,89.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sD6F285hXGD2yGzuxCxmnOg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Advertisement