Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car coolant containers

Options
  • 08-05-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have some empty car coolant containers, except for the last drops that won't come out, which I want to dispose of responsibly. My nearest waste disposal center that deals with anything chemical, barna waste in tuam wants them to be rinsed out. However, I don't feel comfortable with rinsing them and putting the mixture down the drain.
    Is rinsing them okay or are there other suggestions about what to do?
    Best wishes
    Rn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Let them dry out in the sun?
    Drain them onto newspaper and put the newspaper in the waste bin. Poke a hole in the bottom of the container if necessary.
    (TBH I'd have slung them into the appropriate skip at the tip.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Let them dry out in the sun?
    Drain them onto newspaper and put the newspaper in the waste bin. Poke a hole in the bottom of the container if necessary.
    (TBH I'd have slung them into the appropriate skip at the tip.)

If I do any of the above can they be recycled? Or do the just get put into the waste bin? Am I just as well putting them in the non recycle bin with the last few drops in them?

Advertisement