Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting, charge for migration from windows to Linux

• 08-05-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Having just started to use WordPress I've been informed by your staff that the Linux hosting package is better for a number of reasons. My main reason for migrating is because the package (windows) I’ve had with yourself for a number of years is incapable of running the WordPress application correctly, namely the updates for PHP are stalled at a version that is outdated for most of the extensions I want to use.  I am disappointed that I’m being charged nearly a years hosting  (€35 +vat) to swap over as I was unfortunately under the impression that either package was suitable to my requirements when purchasing them initially. 

Comments

Hi newirishshogun

WordPress does run on our Windows shared hosting and PHP 5.6 is available on new webspaces created on Windows plans. However my colleagues are correct in saying we recommend Linux hosting for WordPress and it does have PHP 7 available.

You can complete the move of your sites from one plan to the other without any cost but if you want us to carry out the move then we do charge one hours web development cost at €35.

Regards,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

Hi newirishshogun

WordPress does run on our Windows shared hosting and PHP 5.6 is available on new webspaces created on Windows plans. However my colleagues are correct in saying we recommend Linux hosting for WordPress and it does have PHP 7 available.

You can complete the move of your sites from one plan to the other without any cost but if you want us to carry out the move then we do charge one hours web development cost at €35.

Regards,
    Alan
    Thanks Alan

Advertisement