Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not payed by employee through rct

Options
  • 08-05-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Edit not payed by employer

I left my rct (self employed job) for a paye job now the contractor hasn't payed me from almost 3 weeks ago it's a weeks wages adds up to about 1100 does anybody know what is the best way to get this from him or can go just rip me off he keeps telling me it will be there tomorrow it will be there this week etc
    I'm sick of it

Any feedback appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Have you a written contract of employment? (If so, it should specify how frequently you should be paid?) I suspect not!
    "You should start by asking your employer to pay you on time and to pay any arrears of pay that are due.

Your written terms of employment should state when you are paid, for example, weekly or monthly.

If there is a complaint or grievance procedure at your work you should use this.

The Workplace Relations Commission’s Code of Practice: Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures states that employers should have written grievance and disciplinary procedures and they should give employees copies of these at the start of their employment.

If your employer does not have a grievance procedure or if it is not possible to resolve this dispute within your workplace, you may have no other choice but to bring a complaint which is done through the Workplace Relations Commission.

See this link which outlines the steps that you can take to try and get paid:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/when_you_are_regularly_paid_late.html

If you need help, maybe try your nearest Citizens Information Office. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

Squatter wrote: »
    Have you a written contract of employment? (If so, it should specify how frequently you should be paid?) I suspect not!

See this link which outlines the steps that you can take to try and get paid:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/when_you_are_regularly_paid_late.html

If you need help, maybe try your nearest Citizens Information Office. Good luck.

Thanks very much I signed a contract Wich I was rushed into doing so and I was never given a copy I tought it was a reputable company how wrong was I lads we not getting payed on time could be payed on a Thursday Friday Saturday or Monday so I had to leave I'll check that link out thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

mark085 wrote: »
    Edit not payed by employer

I left my rct (self employed job) for a paye job now the contractor hasn't payed me from almost 3 weeks ago it's a weeks wages adds up to about 1100 does anybody know what is the best way to get this from him or can go just rip me off he keeps telling me it will be there tomorrow it will be there this week etc
    I'm sick of it

Any feedback appreciated thanks

Is your employment registered with Revenue? Also you may wish to talk to the workplace relations?

http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/

Is your employment registered with Revenue? Also you may wish to talk to the workplace relations?

http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/

It is registered with revenue
    And the company gives me an invoice stating hours and pay
    All I do is fill in a time sheet that's the only proof I have
    And I really need this money

It is registered with revenue
    And the company gives me an invoice stating hours and pay
    All I do is fill in a time sheet that's the only proof I have
    And I really need this money

So you are getting a payslip but no pay? Does your employer have a payroll or HR section to contact?

• Advertisement

So you are getting a payslip but no pay? Does your employer have a payroll or HR section to contact?

Not quite a payslip it's like a email docket type just says how much you got paid and how much tax nothing else

And no they have no he section landline they have a Facebook site that's it

Some northern Irish lad runs it he gets subcontract work from a northern company then subcontracts it individually to the workers it's a joke but I won't stop till I get the money I'm owed robbing bastard

I'm wondering Can it be taking to the small claims court?

Not quite a payslip it's like a email docket type just says how much you got paid and how much tax nothing else

And no they have no he section landline they have a Facebook site that's it

Some northern Irish lad runs it he gets subcontract work from a northern company then subcontracts it individually to the workers it's a joke but I won't stop till I get the money I'm owed robbing bastard

I'm wondering Can it be taking to the small claims court?

Sorry I've read back through the information you have posted and I'm unsure if you are a PAYE employee or a self employed sub contractor under the RCT system for construction related activities. If you are self employed and a client isn't paying you then you need to look into debt collection options as I don't think the work place relations will be able to assist with with self employed payment issues.

Sorry I've read back through the information you have posted and I'm unsure if you are a PAYE employee or a self employed sub contractor under the RCT system for construction related activities. If you are self employed and a client isn't paying you then you need to look into debt collection options as I don't think the work place relations will be able to assist with with self employed payment issues.

Thanks for the reply yes it is rct self employed any idea what way to go about the debt collecting?

Thanks for the reply yes it is rct self employed any idea what way to go about the debt collecting?

Since you are self employed you would need to issue an invoice to your client for work carried out and noting payment terms. After that its up to you hounding him and failing that it's the legal route I think.

Since you are self employed you would need to issue an invoice to your client for work carried out and noting payment terms. After that its up to you hounding him and failing that it's the legal route I think.

He's gone bankrupt so that's it now I haven't a chance do I?

• Advertisement

He's gone bankrupt so that's it now I haven't a chance do I?

If he's gone bankrupt you should be listed as a creditor. The below should assist you but chances are very slim.

http://www.isi.gov.ie/EN/ISI/PAGES/WP16000023

If he's gone bankrupt you should be listed as a creditor. The below should assist you but chances are very slim.

http://www.isi.gov.ie/EN/ISI/PAGES/WP16000023

Thank you

Advertisement