Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home insulation

Options
  • 08-05-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi there

I need to insulate underneath my mobile. I noticed at the weekend that a lot of the insulation wool underneath is no longer there. Can people advise on options here. Is this a DIY job. How do I keep the wool from blowing away again?

Has anyone used spray foam in their Mobile? If so was it expensive. Was there a smell afterwards?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I would replace it with panel insulation like kingspan rather than mineral wool. You can glue it on with dabs of closed cell expanding foam just need to prop it in place until set. Seal the joints with aluminium tape and or expanding foam. Probably only lose 10-15% heat through the floor so no point in going mad putting 6 inch insulatiin if the walls and roof aren't super insulated.

Advertisement