Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are we Irish so reluctant to support other Irish Youtubers?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Boy do I feel old.

888.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ian O'Doherty in ginger nerd form.

O'Doherty at least has some shred of self-awareness.

Yer man has a 105 minute video of him talking to Justin Barrett.

No-one has ever spent nearly two hours talking to Barrett, primarily because the man is a absolute headbanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

No-one has ever spent nearly two hours talking to Barrett, primarily because the man is a absolute headbanger.

I'd manage about 20 minutes with him... if only to remind myself what a complete fruitcake he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Seán from Jacksepticeye is a lovely guy and I sub to him because I went to college with him and am glad to see him do well! He can be tough to listen to though with the shouting.

Another channel I found is PotatoMcWhiskey and he does a lot of "let's plays." He is more quiet and relaxed but has that American twang that is inflicting our beautiful accent.

The SacconeJolys do well for themselves but I can see how they are a required taste.

I'd RiyadhK still on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I only watch traveller call-out videos on YouTube.

They’re so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I only watch traveller call-out videos on YouTube.

They’re so funny.

Away and ****e in a bucket with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I'd manage about 20 minutes with him... if only to remind myself what a complete fruitcake he is.

I think I'd manage 5. After 20 I'd be screaming incoherently at the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Im a big fan of Nicholas Moran aka "the Chieftan" but im a bit of a history nerd (at the same time who doesn't find tanks interesting?). I also think viper Higgins world news can me good laugh as are Foyle Arms and Hog sketches. Martins life and sminky shorts animations were so dreadfully bad they were actually good, but strictly for culchies.

Not a fan of Computing Forever, think hes a bit of a populist tit and just a Irish clone of Sargon of Akkad. Hate the fake american twang he adopts also . Give me Stephan Moleneaux any day (Hes originally from Athlone apparently). Dont like the "shouty" overblown style of jacksepticeye or leather jacket guy.

Doesn't matter if they are Irish of not. I watch what I think is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Why would anyone support any youtubers at all let alone Irish ones? They're youtubers, not rockstars.

Don't get how this is a thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Why would anyone support any youtubers at all let alone Irish ones? They're youtubers, not rockstars.

Don't get how this is a thing??

Generational. My nephews don't know who John McClain is but they know all about... look I don't know their names but you get my meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Rory28 wrote: »
    Generational. My nephews don't know who John McClain is but they know all about... look I don't know their names but you get my meaning.

Zoella.

A college classmate of mine is a youtuber, which was the first time I discovered it could be an actual career choice beyond some wannabe nobody having a rant to camera and trying to get "discovered".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I suspect most simply don't care the world believe it or not doesn't revolve around youtube you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Rory28 wrote: »

Who is John McClain? I must be part of the Youtube generation…

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Seán from Jacksepticeye is a lovely guy and I sub to him because I went to college with him and am glad to see him do well! He can be tough to listen to though with the shouting.

Another channel I found is PotatoMcWhiskey and he does a lot of "let's plays." He is more quiet and relaxed but has that American twang that is inflicting our beautiful accent.

The SacconeJolys do well for themselves but I can see how they are a required taste.

I'd RiyadhK still on YouTube?

I was going to mention the SacconeJolys and RiyadhK(he has done some tv work for the BBC recently). There is Melanie Murphy too, she has half a million subs and has released a book. Chloe Boucher has half a million subs too.

Sure they don't have millions and millions of subscribers but they aren't doing badly for themselves either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Who is John McClain? I must be part of the Youtube generation…

You don't know who John McClane is? Yippee-ki-yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

DanDan6592 wrote: »

Mother****er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DanDan6592 wrote: »

Would have helped it was spelt properly...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Mutant z wrote: »
    I suspect most simply don't care the world believe it or not doesn't revolve around youtube you know.

RESPONSE TO " 'Flat earth debunked' DEBUNKED"

Advertisement