Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macro Guides

• 08-05-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a few sources for good macro guides.

I'm not sure I want to track absolutely everything I eat into an app, at the start but I would like to work out my Macro requirements and plan my meals out for the week.

I've come across a lot of websites and some of them contradict each other, so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a few sources for good macro guides.

I'm not sure I want to track absolutely everything I eat into an app, at the start but I would like to work out my Macro requirements and plan my meals out for the week.

I've come across a lot of websites and some of them contradict each other, so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Everything you eat has macros so if you want to track your macros, you have to track what you eat. You just don't necessarily have to get bogged down in the other info, though it helps.

Obviously, MyFitnessPal helps make it easy. Gives you all of the macros. Cronometer too, though less ease of entry than MFP (eg bar code scanner).

I think eatthismuch gives you sample meals to hit the macros as well.

I never heard of eat this much before, that looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any site or app that will let you enter in your details and goals to give you your intended macro breakdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any site or app that will let you enter in your details and goals to give you your intended macro breakdown?

This should do the trick
    https://ss.fitness/calculators

The rest of that site is well worth a read as well
    https://ss.fitness/

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Great, thanks again... site looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thanks for the reply.

There's no such thing as an intended macro breakdown.
    One calculator could work to 40/40/20, and another to low carb, high protein.
    Neither is more valid than the other. You kinda need to know what you're after to find your breakdown

Advertisement