Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digger and Dumper

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone gone about hiring plant directly? I need a mini digger, dumper and operator. However, all plant hire people I’ve called will hire out the plant but no operator!

Is it possible to hire the plant with an operator?

I’m located in the Limerick / North Tipperary area. Any help would be appreciated as I need to get the landscaping done asap to get the kids outdoors!

Thanks.

I.T.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Why don’t you drive digger yourself? Remember to put blade behind you along with track motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

Jimmy Dags wrote: »
    Why don’t you drive digger yourself? Remember to put blade behind you along with track motors.

I would but the wife might not be too happy when see sees a hole in the wall of the house!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What you need is a landscaper with their own equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Its a lot easier than you think. About an hour at it and it should be almost automatic. I doubt you'll be able to grade (get a level with the bucket) after that time but you'll be able to did a hole and load a dumper.

If you are hiring maybe get a dumper if you need to move stuff and a JCB (they are nearly always driver/owner operated) for loading and grading.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

my3cents wrote: »
    Its a lot easier than you think. About an hour at it and it should be almost automatic. I doubt you'll be able to grade (get a level with the bucket) after that time but you'll be able to did a hole and load a dumper.

If you are hiring maybe get a dumper if you need to move stuff and a JCB (they are nearly always driver/owner operated) for loading and grading.

Do you know anyone I could hire.......that’s where the problem lies? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Do you know anyone I could hire.......that’s where the problem lies? :-)

Check with the guys you see working at the side of the road for the council, they'll know someone. The guys digger driving for the council are often self employed and if they can't do it themselves will know someone who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d say ask around locally.
    Nearly every local area has lads who own mini diggers and do small jobs like that all the time.

Maybe post on one of the local Facebook groups in your area, the buy and sell type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Is there a community noticeboard, e.g. at the library or post office, near you, where local services (like Man with Van, Man with Lawnmower etc., would advertise?

Advertisement