Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biscuit in twix

• 08-05-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering what commercially available biscuit is the most similar to the one in the middle of a Twix bar?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I'm wondering what commercially available biscuit is the most similar to the one in the middle of a Twix bar?

Thanks

Any shortbread should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Any shortbread should do it.

Is it not shortcake rather than shortbread?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Is it not shortcake rather than shortbread?

Shortbread, despite the name, is more like a biscuit. Shortcake is fluffier and more like a cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Shortbread, despite the name, is more like a biscuit. Shortcake is fluffier and more like a cake.

Are you sure? To me shortbread is the incredibly buttery Scottish stuff, which I can't stand. Shortcake is the stuff you get inside a yellow Snack or Cadbury's Shortie biscuits and which I quite like.

Either way, I certainly wouldn't consider the interior or a Twix to be shortbread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Are you sure? To me shortbread is the incredibly buttery Scottish stuff, which I can't stand. Shortcake is the stuff you get inside a yellow Snack or Cadbury's Shortie biscuits and which I quite like.

Either way, I certainly wouldn't consider the interior or a Twix to be shortbread.

Yeah I find Scottish shortbread much too sweet. Way sweeter than the twix biscuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,747 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Marietta? Or maybe those cheepo rectangular biscuits with the plaited looking edges - these ones https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254922142

Shortcake has a leavening agent, so its lighter/fluffier. Shortbread is the Scottish buttery stuff, but thats what is in a twix. I've made a giant twix before using lidl shortbread and it was a good match.

The yellow cadbury bar is called cadbury shortcake alright, but it actually is a shortbread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Google says shortbread :)

450348.png

Googling this, made me find THIS..I'm off to bake... :pac:

Google says shortbread :)

450348.png

Googling this, made me find THIS..I'm off to bake... :pac:

Try this, you can do serious damage with it.

https://www.netmums.com/recipes/no-bake-giant-twix-cake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Twix cheesecake is actually on my menu for this week or next. So happy to look at everything else twix themed too. :D

That looks like the one Elise Strachan did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R210DpCGG0U&t=48s

• Advertisement
Advertisement