Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I do like that. Visually that video is pretty cool. At first I thought babymetal was some sort of joke before I knew it I was a fan of their music

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I do like that. Visually that video is pretty cool. At first I thought babymetal was some sort of joke before I knew it I was a fan of their music

Yeah the idea did look a bit "gimmicky" to begin with but they have had allot of success with it. This looks like the title track of their upcoming 3rd album.
    I also like the imagery in the video. It's very Japanese, like some live action anime style movie. Very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭allap

pretty cool

allap wrote: »
    pretty cool

Yeah I like their sound. It's something different. You get the J-pop style vocals and metal instrumentals, It's weird combination but it works

Here's something form one of their live performances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Every time I see this thread title, I go "awh" :D

• Advertisement

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Every time I see this thread title, I go "awh" :D

I think that was the intention in choosing the name for the band.
    They call their style "Kawaii Metal" (cute metal)

They stared off in 2010 as a sub-unit of a larger Idol (J-pop) group called Sakura Gakuin. Their unique style of music attracted many fans in Japan.
    The song that gave them their big breakthrough in 2013 were Ijime Dame Zettai

The songs were major hits in the charts in Japan and propelled them form small rooms to large concert halls and major festivals.
    They made a major change in 2013 by adding a live band of some of the best Metal musicians in Japan (The Kami band) which took BABYMETAL to the next level

In 2014 they broke onto the world stage with the release of their self titled debut album "BABYMETAL" topping metal charts around the world and the title single "Gimmie Chocolate" went viral on YouTube. They went on a world tour of Europe and the US, selling out venues and performing at iconic metal music festivals.

The stamp of approval from fans overseas gave them a major boost back in Japan, where large music halls turned into sold out arena shows, They continued to tour around the would throughout 2015, and the crowds flocking to see them grew even bigger

In 2016 they released their 2nd album "Metal Resistance" debuting the new material to a sell out crowd at Wembley Arena in London. The album reached the top of multiple metal charts and the title song Karate was another hit.

Live at Rock on the Range festival 2018.

Advertisement