Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Timeframe from Eir

Options
  • 09-05-2018 10:08am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Contract just ended with Eir. Requested unlock code.

What is the time frame for the unlock and what is the process? Does the request still go to Apple and unlock via iTunes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I unlocked my old iPhone recently and it was still via iTunes. It was Vodafone, all in it took about 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Last phone I unlocked was with Meteor and it took about a week to get it done.

For future reference you don't need to wait until after your contract is complete to unlock your phone. See below from Eir website.
    You must have paid more than €200 worth of bills OR 6 bills in total.
    Your account must not be in arrears or suspended.

FAQ Link here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

murpho999 wrote: »
    Last phone I unlocked was with Meteor and it took about a week to get it done.

For future reference you don't need to wait until after your contract is complete to unlock your phone. See below from Eir website.

FAQ Link here.

Eir call centre says different. Sim only from now one once my iPhone X comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

godtabh wrote: »
    Eir call centre says different. Sim only from now one once my iPhone X comes!

Really, well send them that link from their own website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really, well send them that link from their own website.

Good luck telling them anything. The same company that still says your iPhone will re-lock itself after being unlocked.......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

whiterebel wrote: »
    Good luck telling them anything. The same company that still says your iPhone will re-lock itself after being unlocked.......:confused:

That doesn't happen, it may say it in the unlocking email which Eir send out but I have had this a few times over the years and once the unlock is put through, it doesn't re-lock to the next sim inserted despite what the email suggests.

Advertisement