Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thieves around Balrothery

• 09-05-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up folks, some scrote got into my Jeep last night and took my bankcard.
    I'm sorry to say that it was unlocked, the one time I forgot to lock it, typical.

They used it to top up a Lyca mobile phone at 7 o clock this morning.
    The card's been cancelled and my bank are gonna get the money back for me.

Keep your eyes open and be sure your cars and houses are secure.

Good luck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

That's terrible & thanks for highlighting the community.
    Please report this to the Gardai. Without it being reported nothing can be done in regard to stopping these people or appointing resources. If it only goes down as a statistic that's still progress in combating crime.

Just a heads up folks, some scrote got into my Jeep last night and took my bankcard.
    I'm sorry to say that it was unlocked, the one time I forgot to lock it, typical.

They used it to top up a Lyca mobile phone at 7 o clock this morning.
    The card's been cancelled and my bank are gonna get the money back for me.

Keep your eyes open and be sure your cars and houses are secure.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dow99 wrote: »
    That's terrible & thanks for highlighting the community.
    Please report this to the Gardai. Without it being reported nothing can be done in regard to stopping these people or appointing resources. If it only goes down as a statistic that's still progress in combating crime.

They broke into a taxi a few doors down from me, stole his spare wheel and one of his rear wheels, wierd.
    The owner called the Gardai and I was talking to them over the phone, I've to head down to the station later tonight to give the Garda a few bits that will help him out with his enquiries.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Another house break-in today :( the Guards are out in force with the helicopter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Strange that they had aerial support for a burglary. Must have been someone with pull or more than your average break-in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Strange that they had aerial support for a burglary. Must have been someone with pull or more than your average break-in.

I heard they were armed, and believe two are in custody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

With such a lack of Garda patrols it is not surprising.

Also be wary of lads going around looking to do odd jobs. They have been around Rush and Lusk and not very nice people at all. They will happily lighten your wallet and do a very poor job.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

LeoB wrote: »
    With such a lack of Garda patrols it is not surprising.

Also be wary of lads going around looking to do odd jobs. They have been around Rush and Lusk and not very nice people at all. They will happily lighten your wallet and do a very poor job.

Maybe they should get off the fcking roads then? See too many just sat there with speed cameras or pointless tax checks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I was completely shocked the other day on the Harbour Road in Skerries when out walking when I saw not one, but TWO Gardai strolling down the road. My friends and I thought it was a mirage. Please tell me I am not going bananas!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We've seen some pounding the beat around Swords recently too - it's probably because since they lifted the ban on recruitment there are a lot more Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The only thing that will stop the break ins is a visible Garda presence on our streets.

Agree with Cbreeze a guard on beat in Rush is like a tourist from outer mongolia, So plenty of opportunities for thieves to steal from houses, cars and farmyards.

Unfortunately the Gardái have lost a lot of local knowledge since the cutbacks and closure of Rush station in particular. And despite the announcement of Rush re-opening I cant see it happening for a few years, well not until Stepaside is looked after first

• Advertisement
Advertisement