Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danesfort in Corbally

• 09-05-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all

Looking at buying a house. I'm actually from Limerick but a bit naive about what's a good area to live in - what sort of reputation would Danesfort in Corbally have? Is it a quiet area; anything out of the ordinary anti-social behaviour wise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I never even heard of it before. Have to say that I love the name! Presumably an allusion to Limerick's Viking heritage.

Don't know anything about how quiet the area is but the location looks pretty good for access to the city centre and Castletroy (by bike).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zulutango wrote: »
    I never even heard of it before. Have to say that I love the name! Presumably an allusion to Limerick's Viking heritage.

Don't know anything about how quiet the area is but the location looks pretty good for access to the city centre and Castletroy (by bike).

Heard the name before and its a pretty cool name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Danesfort is a good small settled estate, larger houses than many similar estates of the same date. Lack of a handy green area for ( small) children. Good for primary and secondary schools, close to most amenities - Grove island gym pool and shop centre. Easy walking distance of town. Small walk to access public transport on corbally road if that's an issue. Getting out of Corbally can be an issue on school runs time, but no more than elsewhere.

Advertisement