Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Spot on. And in fairness, Konami do listen to feedback. They fixed up the fouling, super cancel and player selection in games over the last couple of years following complaints or suggestions.

But the fouling and player switching could still do with a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh I agree. And these things need to be fixed and my comment was meant to suggest they they fixed these things previously with patches rather then waiting for the next iterations of the game. It's unacceptable for things to be so broken. Hopefully they listen to feedback and deploy a patch to fix them.

I'm really looking forward to Master League but won't touch it given all the feedback here, til it's fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Oh I agree. And these things need to be fixed and my comment was meant to suggest they they fixed these things previously with patches rather then waiting for the next iterations of the game. It's unacceptable for things to be so broken. Hopefully they listen to feedback and deploy a patch to fix them.

I'm really looking forward to Master League but won't touch it given all the feedback here, til it's fixed.

Try it anyway. It's still enjoyable maybe not as much as when first became big thing in pro evo but still the chances of thrm fixing gameplay at this stage is very slim so might as well just enjoy what is on offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

button lag on online games is ridiculous, it was always there, but it seems a lot worse this year than last year, killing the game for me this year, also this new thing of most people having killer teams is ****, nearly every team I come up against has Messi and Neymar up front.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I’m getting fed up of my club already. Getting hammered about 70% of games all stacked teams it feels like :(

The my club divisions were good this weekly league not so good.

I have tried online divisions and lost 5 in a row by the odd goal , it’s really doing my head in :)

The sooner boards online starts the better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I’m getting fed up of my club already. Getting hammered about 70% of games all stacked teams it feels like :(

I have tried online divisions and lost 5 in a row by the odd goal , it’s really doing my head in :)

You are obviously doing something wrong if you keep getting your ass handed to you. Maybe try some of the training stuff to pick up new ideas/ tactics. Do you use the 'pressure' system for instance? Do you look to keep the ball at all or is it always end to end in your games? Something is amiss.

Is your team chemistry ok? If it isn't that will seriously hamper you.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Anyone online now for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    button lag on online games is ridiculous, it was always there, but it seems a lot worse this year than last year, killing the game for me this year, also this new thing of most people having killer teams is ****, nearly every team I come up against has Messi and Neymar up front.........
    Mbappe too. The good teams so quick this year is crazy.

Problem is, I spend all my coins on Klopp at 4-3-3. Want to try out something else and I can't! Poxy. I suppose I could spend money on coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Cienciano wrote: »
    Problem is, I spend all my coins on Klopp at 4-3-3. Want to try out something else and I can't! Poxy. I suppose I could spend money on coins.

They got you.

A little off topic but It's sickening the way games are going. Developers purposely making games grindy to tempt players into paying to skip over boring bits.

I'd urge you not to do it because there will be some other thing that pops up in a few days/weeks that will put you back in the same position. The entire mode is designed to put you into those situations where you think "ill just pay a bit here and I'll be good to go then".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

+ 1 on not handing over anymore cash. Have a quick Google about the Battlefront 2 and Loot Boxes kerfuffle around Christmas.

When people abstain from this, it does make a difference.

• Advertisement

They got you.

A little off topic but It's sickening the way games are going. Developers purposely making games grindy to tempt players into paying to skip over boring bits.

I'd urge you not to do it because there will be some other thing that pops up in a few days/weeks that will put you back in the same position. The entire mode is designed to put you into those situations where you think "ill just pay a bit here and I'll be good to go then".

I won't do it, I'm hoping a change of broadband provider will improve things for me. I think I'll play normal online teams for a while and forget about MyClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MyClub isnt as enjoyable this year tbh. Last year you could work your way up the ranked divisions at least, not that that was brilliantly rewarding either. There does seem to be some system but its very confused and unclear so there is no progression really.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    MyClub isnt as enjoyable this year tbh. Last year you could work your way up the ranked divisions at least, not that that was brilliantly rewarding either. There does seem to be some system but its very confused and unclear so there is no progression really.

The whole myclub layout is shít, it's confusing as ****. God help anyone coming from fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Cienciano wrote: »
    The whole myclub layout is shít, it's confusing as ****. God help anyone coming from fifa

It's nonsense. I got half of some lads points and got 10 points for one game, last week I was getting 1 point for a win then losing that point, then...

I have no idea what's going on at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Games only out two weeks and I have a dream team already so now im like whats the point in playing this. The weekly challenge is to win 3 games in a row but I already have superstars its not worth the hassle of grinding 3 wins against sweats doing low crosses for one spin. Its easier go for one of those Brazilian league lads only 100 coins. Madness what they did with My Club this year and the amount of bs goals I concede is unreal. I'm gonna try the FIFA demo see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Any of ye have an issue with your PS4 controller acting up?

I mentioned it in the PS forum about my controllers taking seconds to react or in some cases, not at all to my commands.

I've reset both of them about a dozen times and the game plays away for a few mins and then it becomes unplayable, I've tried both controllers on different games and they work fine.

It even got to the point last night where the controllers would turn off, on full charge mid game.

I'm very tempted to trade in PES for Spiderman or Tomb Raider at this stage. :mad:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Any of ye have an issue with your PS4 controller acting up?

I mentioned it in the PS forum about my controllers taking seconds to react or in some cases, not at all to my commands.

I've reset both of them about a dozen times and the game plays away for a few mins and then it becomes unplayable, I've tried both controllers on different games and they work fine.

It even got to the point last night where the controllers would turn off, on full charge mid game.

I'm very tempted to trade in PES for Spiderman or Tomb Raider at this stage. :mad:
    Nothing like the above for me so far touch wood!!

Have Deffo noticed few chances in gameplay on master league since update. Long shots are going in more frequently and as well as headers from crosses.

Before both of these very rarely scored from.

No changes I can see to the AI yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I think I say this at some point every year but I'm so bad online that I've given up and started a Master League.

I'd love to get some sort of demo from people that are good at the game especially around moving defenders to cut out most of my passes. Granted I can be predictable but sometimes there's only a couple of things you can do but they always read me.

It'll be a bit of a slog in Master League before I can get some decent players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nokotan wrote: »
    I think I say this at some point every year but I'm so bad online that I've given up and started a Master League.

I'd love to get some sort of demo from people that are good at the game especially around moving defenders to cut out most of my passes. Granted I can be predictable but sometimes there's only a couple of things you can do but they always read me.

It'll be a bit of a slog in Master League before I can get some decent players.

The problem is you can only get so good playing the AI. The only way to get good at playing online is to keep playing online. It'll click eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Just bought this, first since PES2. Decided to jib FIFA this year, for now anyway.

Seems incredibly hard to defend, maybe it’s jusy i’m ****e, which is probably more accurate. Anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Johann. wrote: »
    Just bought this, first since PES2. Decided to jib FIFA this year, for now anyway.

Seems incredibly hard to defend, maybe it’s jusy i’m ****e, which is probably more accurate. Anyone else find this?

It is tough to defend alright. You just need to remain composed and try and cut out passing lanes and intercept passes rather than resorting to constant ballwinning and pressure. You can also use the secondary press (Square) to get another player to press the ball while you control another player into a position to intercept.

It is tough though. In a MyClub Coop match that I was apart of last night, the final score ended up 5-5. :eek::pac: ((Granted that was 3v3 so it's very different but still. :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I actually find that the secondary pressing in this game is shocking comoared to previous versions doesn't seem to work at all ha.

Wilberto wrote: »
    It is tough to defend alright. You just need to remain composed and try and cut out passing lanes and intercept passes rather than resorting to constant ballwinning and pressure. You can also use the secondary press (Square) to get another player to press the ball while you control another player into a position to intercept.

It is tough though. In a MyClub Coop match that I was apart of last night, the final score ended up 5-5. :eek::pac: ((Granted that was 3v3 so it's very different but still. :)))
    Played a few games online. All were 3-3, 3-3 and then I lost 8-3 or something crazy. It seemed every time he went forward he scored. Very frustrating 😒

Johann. wrote: »
    Played a few games online. All were 3-3, 3-3 and then I lost 8-3 or something crazy. It seemed every time he went forward he scored. Very frustrating 😒

Fcuk me, I’m absolutely rubbish at this. Gonna have to do the training :D

I don't think this will have the same playability as 2018. Something about it, not quite sure what, but doesn't seem quite right.
    EDIT: just got new broadband and a wired connection to the ps4, its like a different game, unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Wilberto wrote: »

Finding it tough to keep clean sheets as well. Keeping on tweaking. I think the game is brilliant. Just won a game 1-0. A great goal and a clean sheet. Elation. After a 1-0 result! That PES magic feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm tinkering about with advanced shooting setting on controls after watching a video on youtube. It's tricky to get correct power and angle but ill keep trying

Here is the video

So I've done master leagues with United season or two my team was to good. Same happened with Fulham after two seasons and I moved to United again to "fix" them.

Started another with United and sold everyone but the English players then brought in some other English lads to replace them.So I'm currently playing this only sticking with a full English squad some games I'm enjoying it others team is awful.

I think overall master league doesn't feel like it has the lasting appeal it once did.

I'm gonna try one with master league players from the start soon but having a feeling because of the computer AI it could get very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Took the plunge on PES this year. It's the first time I've bought a footie game. We had FIFA in the office this year and I got hooked, went with PES after playing both the demos. Was drawn to how much more meditative and nuanced the football felt.

I haven't even installed the option file yet so mostly I've been cracking on with MyTeam. Got Antoine Griezmann on loan to the burgeoning Dole Wanderers.

The AI low cross spamming is definitely hurting the game, though. I really hope it gets patched soon, or I may trade in against FIFA 19. I have no major problem with FIFA, really.

I'm still a total newbie so I'm going to keep skilling up with this before I step into the online lions den. Can't wait for a few games then, though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Something that I never really tried in previous iterations of PES was the use of a fluid formation. I just never gave it any thought. I started using it this time now though and it's the best thing ever. :) :pac:

Advertisement