Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I forgot about the option file, whats the need for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I forgot about the option file, whats the need for it?
    You never got one? So you don't have the premierleague team names right, and the logo is something like a football with "England Top Division" written underneath? You get team names like "Mersyside Blue" for everton and "Trafford Red" for united?
    Option file will correct all fake team names, competition names and logos, player names, team logos, jerseys etc. Definitely worth getting one, probably plenty of free ones available now.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Something that I never really tried in previous iterations of PES was the use of a fluid formation. I just never gave it any thought. I started using it this time now though and it's the best thing ever. :) :pac:

I never do any of that tactics stuff. I generally change the formation, maybe tweek positions, and then autosort lineup based on no preference.
    Maybe I should experiment with a few more things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Something that I never really tried in previous iterations of PES was the use of a fluid formation. I just never gave it any thought. I started using it this time now though and it's the best thing ever. :) :pac:
    I used to use it a bit back in PES 2016/2017, found that it absolutely bollockes some of the players out, so you have to use it very smartly, but it really does add a new dimension to how tactical you can be.

It's actually one of the best things about PES, how it affords you the methods to adapt your team to play to your strengths and exploit your opponents' weaknesses. If you're playing MyClub/Master League and you love using fluid formation, it really impacts how you approach transfers also! You're always looking for the unicorn player who could cover those tricky dual-positions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Enjoying my first season of master league with the original players.

Only thing spoiling it is the computer Ai as I imagined it would.

There's no way around it at the moment but at least when your playing with the base players it adds extra excitement to it.

It's so frustrating though when you have fairly basic players who you have to work really hard to get them all linking up and performing together. Your playing some great football your literally all over the opposite team and they go up other end and score same poxy goal against you each and every time!! Totally against the run of play! I've managed to find ways to stop some of it but there's times it's really impossible to prevent it and it's gotten as bad as the scripting poor Ai in fifa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I haven't really witnessed any of that at all. Don't get me wrong, I know it's all over Reddit apparently (I haven't checked myself :pac: :)), but it's just something that I've never experienced on my side. :)

• Advertisement

I haven't really witnessed any of that at all. Don't get me wrong, I know it's all over Reddit apparently (I haven't checked myself :pac: :)), but it's just something that I've never experienced on my side. :)

Most games against computer especially you see it. No matter what difficulty they attack and hit you nearly always in same manor. I dunno how many first time shots bang into the corner from a side field ball I've coincided at this stage!!

I wouldn't mind the computer scoring totally against run of play if the attacking forward play was at least original based on the team your playing.

They made this big deal out of individual team and player ai year or two again its impossible to see it lot the time at this stage. Having played against all kinds teams there's very little difference in how a Real or a Barca attack compared to a Leeds or Ipswich town!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Yeah I'm amazed you haven't seen it. It's the only way AI scores goals against me. It can be remedied somewhat by bringing defenders in to the wings in anticipation, but then it makes the issue even more apparent because you can see the AI desperately trying to force the issue.

Yeah I'm amazed you haven't seen it. It's the only way AI scores goals against me. It can be remedied somewhat by bringing defenders in to the wings in anticipation, but then it makes the issue even more apparent because you can see the AI desperately trying to force the issue.

It actually handicaps them at certain times as well. There's been forwards clear in on goal against me before only for thrm to stop and move the ball back or out to wing!!

It looks ridiculous ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Find the my club is too much pay to win so ive given up on that. Been stuck in to become a legend. It's very basic compared to fifas one but still enjoyable.

The player camera is awful as the position direction indicator is out of screen. Still no off the ball controls like call for a pass, etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Find the my club is too much pay to win so ive given up on that. Been stuck in to become a legend. It's very basic compared to fifas one but still enjoyable.

The player camera is awful as the position direction indicator is out of screen. Still no off the ball controls like call for a pass, etc.

MyClub is far too Pay2Win this year alright. Way more than last year I think with the whole "Featured Players" thing.

With BAL though, you can change the camera back to normal and turn off the player directional guides as well. I find the guide kinda pointless anyway! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else notice when taking goal kicks both teams would be pushed over to one side leaving one wing practically empty?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody else notice when taking goal kicks both teams would be pushed over to one side leaving one wing practically empty?

yeah, noticed that. any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Doesn't that happen in real life? One team knows where the kick will be aimed so they shuffle their players across and the defending team covers them which results in a condensing of the spread of players?

I'll admit it doesn't make sense in PES given your team doesn't know which side you want to kick it to, but maybe it's just a poor attempt at realism?

Cienciano wrote: »
    yeah, noticed that. any idea why?

No idea myself, thought it might be something to do with my tactics but noticed with a few different teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great news!!

That *IS* great news! I've held off on starting a ML after all the reports about the dodgy AI and I was uncertain whether any eventual fix would be compatible with my game save if I had one. Shame there is another month to wait but great news nonetheless.

That *IS* great news! I've held off on starting a ML after all the reports about the dodgy AI and I was uncertain whether any eventual fix would be compatible with my game save if I had one. Shame there is another month to wait but great news nonetheless.

I've had a few different master league campaigns now so hopefully the patch will just apply over what I've started already!

Really lookin forward to see what kinda changes it will add to playing the game. They have big chance here to push things on.

I've had a few different master league campaigns now so hopefully the patch will just apply over what I've started already!

I expect it will, as surely the change affects the AI gameplay engine rather than any data contained in your save, but I still decided to leave my ML campaign in order to be sure and to avoid the frustrations experienced by others with the dodgy AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

I haven't started a ML properly yet as I can't decide on what team to pick. So thank God I'm not too far into it. Although still can't decide.

Was thinking of South America. But can you transfer between SA and Europe or do you only get offers from same continent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

they need to add more online tournaments to my club, taking out the my club seasons was a huge mistake, those ranked matches are boring, you need different online stuff to keep the game fresh, the actual gameplay is brilliant but it needs a lot more content... Played the new Fifa ultimate team and it is a 100 miles an hour...

I Know there was a few people here who used my LOI OF for Master League last year, I do plan on releasing one this year but I'm bate out from work atm so it's another few weeks away, but I am working on it.

I should also have my LOI kit pack out tomorrow some time, just a few kits left to make, if people would like to use the kits for myClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I Know there was a few people here who used my LOI OF for Master League last year, I do plan on releasing one this year but I'm bate out from work atm so it's another few weeks away, but I am working on it.

I should also have my LOI kit pack out tomorrow some time, just a few kits left to make, if people would like to use the kits for myClub.

Dont play master league but i think its fair to say, take your time. Ive seen a few pics of the kits, credit to you man. Dont think youd find many that'd complain if you'd not released it yet

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Dont play master league but i think its fair to say, take your time. Ive seen a few pics of the kits, credit to you man. Dont think youd find many that'd complain if you'd not released it yet

Thanks man, some kits are pretty straight forward, others are a pain in the hoop :pac:

Ah I don't expect no complaints, had none last year anyway. Just thought I'd post an update incase there was some people waiting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Enjoyed MyClub the last number of years but I have to say they really blew it this year. For one, im not a fan of the 'featured players' or 'players of the week' nonsense. Its far to easy to have a front three of Messi / Ronaldo / other, but whats worse is a team of nobodies with top stats. Club building is unbalanced and is skewed to favour ingame purchasers to the detriment of others.

My biggest issue is the ranking though. Before, you played rank matches in a league format and could be promoted or relegated based on matches played. This year, you are arbitrarily up against random others in a 'weekly league' where you must play every week - not even against those in your 'league group' - to avoid being in the bottom of the league and thus relegated. I logged in there yesterday and saw I was relegated despite not having playerd or lost any games. Rubbish.

Pretty dissapointing as MyClub was the only mode I played regularly. I like customising and building my own team, but progression and fairness in the progression is important too. The ultimate problem is the feeling that playing to progress is futile.

Agree with the featured players, they made a joke it. I've had a 100 rated Messi before I even played a match, kind of ruins the grind to get a good squad.
    Since I've got back into PES in 2016 I've preferred myClub to FUT, but I've literally no urge to play it this year, considering I've half a squad of purple players already.

League Of Ireland Kit Pack for PES 2019
    Featuring kits for

Bohemians,
    Bray Wanderers,
    Cork City,
    Derry City,
    Drogheda United,
    Dundalk,
    Finn Harps,
    Limerick,
    Shamrock Rovers,
    Shelbourne,
    Sligo Rovers,
    St. Patrick's Athletic,
    UCD,
    Waterford.

Full Option File featuring all the squads coming soon!

Download Link in video's description

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Enjoyed MyClub the last number of years but I have to say they really blew it this year. For one, im not a fan of the 'featured players' or 'players of the week' nonsense. Its far to easy to have a front three of Messi / Ronaldo / other, but whats worse is a team of nobodies with top stats. Club building is unbalanced and is skewed to favour ingame purchasers to the detriment of others.

My biggest issue is the ranking though. Before, you played rank matches in a league format and could be promoted or relegated based on matches played. This year, you are arbitrarily up against random others in a 'weekly league' where you must play every week - not even against those in your 'league group' - to avoid being in the bottom of the league and thus relegated. I logged in there yesterday and saw I was relegated despite not having playerd or lost any games. Rubbish.

Pretty dissapointing as MyClub was the only mode I played regularly. I like customising and building my own team, but progression and fairness in the progression is important too. The ultimate problem is the feeling that playing to progress is futile.

MyClub is the cash cow for them, so they've angled it more than ever towards the YouTubers and the people who will spend money on it every week to get spins and have all of the "rare" weekly special Messi's, Dybala's etc... same reason they removed the player/manager count limits and you're able to have a Club with 1000 players now. The promotion/relegation league structure is built the new way for the same reason, get people to log in every week and play/spend on it, as if they don't, they know they'll get relegated.

It's a sad move towards the "as a service" business model that other MMO's and free to play games use as mechanics to engage their userbase. But it's where the money is because people spend it, so who's to blame really?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The league format is what really pisses me off, if it is the same next year, I wont buy it.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The league format is what really pisses me off, if it is the same next year, I wont buy it.

It's poxy, definitely need better competitions for MC, it's just division games and the odd competition.

Advertisement