Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Lawnmower / Weibang mowers review..

Options
  • 09-05-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi folks. I’m just enquiring about Active Lawnmowers. I know there are different types. I’m hoping to buy one for the summer, but was wondering has anyone had experience with them here in Ireland. Would they be recommended for cutting lawns when grass is wet. Would a specific model be recommended.

I was also suggested to look into Weibang lawn mowers, would anyone have any information regarding those. Would they be much better at cutting wet grass than the active mowers?.

Comments

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Hi folks. I’m just enquiring about Active Lawnmowers. I know there are different types. I’m hoping to buy one for the summer, but was wondering has anyone had experience with them here in Ireland. Would they be recommended for cutting lawns when grass is wet. Would a specific model be recommended.

I was also suggested to look into Weibang lawn mowers, would anyone have any information regarding those. Would they be much better at cutting wet grass than the active mowers?.

Had a quick look at the range of these mowers and I'd say it depends on the engine. I have a Honda which cuts and collects wet grass so the weibangs with a Honda engine should do the same.

I have also owned a rover and a stiga with a briggs 850 engine. Good in the wet too. The stiga was a mulching mower and similar to the active ones. This was good in the wet provided the grass is short or you are only taking a bit off the top as mulching should be done.

The rover collected in the wet to but not as good as the Honda. I thing it didn't chop the grass as fine which made it more difficult.

Weibang with a Honda engine would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭The Gardener

I've a Wiebang on it's second season and have to say that I'm impressed with its performance compared to other machines that I've had over the years including Honda, Hayter, Kaaz and Azuka. It's reasonably ok with damp grass but will get blocked like most walk behind mowers, keep the bag clean and you should have less trouble with this happening. I use it on a semi commercial basis so it gets more than its fair share of work but on reasonably short grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Bought a shaft drive weibang last year, find it very consistent, will cut wet grass but blocks eventually.
    Mine has a weibang motor but looks like a badged loncin. Going ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I would be of the opinion that, regarding cutting wet grass, the engine is immaterial, (provided it is reasonably powerful and reliable).
    What affects performance in wet grass is the design of the deck and grass ejection arrangements. Rear ejection is more helpful in this respect than side ejection, as the grass will travel more directly to the bag.
    Can't help you on brands, unfortunately.

Advertisement