Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Garda Course

• 09-05-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I’m about to do my leaving cert next month and was planning on going to university to do business. I’ve always had an interest in joining the Gardai and I noticed a nearby College of Further Education is offering a 1 year Pre-Garda course.

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on these Pre-Garda courses? I’d really be only going to university to pass the time and don’t think I can see myself working in that area in the future regardless of my interest in business.

I should probably also mention that this Pre-Garda course costs somewhere in the region of €300, in comparison to €3,000 a year along with €4,000 a year for accommodation if I am to go to university!

I’d appreciate anyone’s input!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

KealB99 wrote: »
    I’m about to do my leaving cert next month and was planning on going to university to do business. I’ve always had an interest in joining the Gardai and I noticed a nearby College of Further Education is offering a 1 year Pre-Garda course.

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on these Pre-Garda courses? I’d really be only going to university to pass the time and don’t think I can see myself working in that area in the future regardless of my interest in business.

I should probably also mention that this Pre-Garda course costs somewhere in the region of €300, in comparison to €3,000 a year along with €4,000 a year for accommodation if I am to go to university!

I’d appreciate anyone’s input!

To be honest it all depends when you want to apply To be a Garda. If It were me I would go to university do the degree enjoy college life and gain big experience from it. A degree will help with your application also experience from college can be used in the interview. University is expensive but getting a degree is worth it and also the life experience from it is priceless. I don’t wana be telling you what to do, but if you were to ask my advice I would go to college and enjoy it and gain the experience. That course for guards might be helpfull I wouldn’t say it be of huge extra benefit

Advertisement