Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone suggest a good build for €1500?

Options
  • 09-05-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I'm going to build a new PC, I'm planning on ordering the parts soon, at some point within the next few days. I intend to use the computer for gaming, though I have no specific games in mind, I'd like to use it to run VR games on the HTC Vive, software development, likely data analytics in the future, and probably some things I haven't even thought of yet, as I'm a Computer Science student. However, I'm not very knowledgeable about hardware, so, I don't even know where to begin.

I intend to use a relatively small 1080p TV as a monitor for now, but will almost definitely upgrade to something better later, and likely end up using 2 monitors in the future. I also already have a copy of Windows 10. I have no need for a disc drive, will be hooking it up to the internet via ethernet, so no need for a wireless card, any other peripherals such as a keyboard, mouse and speakers I'm not planning on factoring into this budget.

I definitely want an SSD, to boot the OS from, and a 1TB HDD should do me fine. I'm happy to spend the whole €1500, doing it any cheaper than that isn't a concern. I'm hoping to have this computer last as long as possible, so upgradability is also a factor.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Comments

Advertisement