Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broker back to same bank

Options
  • 09-05-2018 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I recently received mortgage approval from a bank but it was only 3.5 times my salary so it wasn't nearly enough. I then went to a broker I didn't tell him I was mortgage approved but he said he has contacts in this same bank and should receive an exemption.
    Just wanna know is this possible or once the staff see it's my application again will they just turn me down or offer same amount as before. Thanks very much lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I got turned down from a bank and then went to a broker. The broker could only get approval at different banks as that bank wouldn't have a look until 6 months had passed. Different situation but I'd say it will be same outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The current exemptions being given aren't huge so if 3.5x is 'not nearly enough' an exemption to 3.8/3.9 is probably not going to be much use anyway.

Advertisement