Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best time to book flights?

• 09-05-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi guys, heading off to Zagreb in Croatia for one week in July. Two adults and a child. Child will be 2 years old within the one week in Zagreb so we're celebrating his birthday in Zagreb. ;) . Now the price is on the high side and Lufthansa is the cheapest for the three of us €1,141. Other airlines like Air-France,e.t.c are extremely high. Any idea to reduce price? :rolleyes: . Any beach in Zagreb? Cheap accommodation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭VG31

At this stages the prices aren't likely to go down. I'd book now, there's no point waiting. There's a new direct flight to Zagreb from Dublin with Croatia Airlines but that's nearly always more expensive than LH.
    20784 wrote: »
    Any beach in Zagreb?

Seriously?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Can you go a few days earlier-usually under twos only pay a nominal amount for their flight (20 eur with Aer Lingus I think) however once they’re 2 it’s full fare. I think if they turn two during a return trip you might have to pay full price for both legs.

Would doubt Croatian flights would drop between now and July.

Any beach in Zagreb? Cheap accommodation?
    Zagreb is about two hours inland from the coast.
    Have you looked at the coastal resorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

Zagreb is about two hours inland from the coast.
    Have you looked at the coastal resorts?

Have no idea:D, heard of Slip, Dubrovnik and Zadar?

sillysocks wrote: »
    Can you go a few days earlier-usually under twos only pay a nominal amount for their flight (20 eur with Aer Lingus I think) however once they’re 2 it’s full fare. I think if they turn two during a return trip you might have to pay full price for both legs.

Would doubt Croatian flights would drop between now and July.

Not at all, must travel on that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Not at all, must travel on that day.

May be worth booking two single journeys then. You would get the flight out cheaper then at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭VG31

sillysocks wrote: »
    May be worth booking two single journeys then. You would get the flight out cheaper then at least.

Bear in mind that some airlines like Lufthansa often charge more for one way tickets than return tickets.

VG31 wrote: »
    Bear in mind that some airlines like Lufthansa often charge more for one way tickets than return tickets.

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Best time to book flights is generally 3/4 months in advance I find. They can be cheaper before that but it's a lottery really. Also, cheap flights aren't really a thing if flying to sun destinations during the high season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The best time to book flights is either immediately before or immediately after you book them.

What I find works is to try and gauge the historical low price and then buy the tickets when they're close to that after which I never look at the prices again.

Setting up flight alerts to let you know when the prices drop can help as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement