Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do I have to return the postal vote?

Options
  • 09-05-2018 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

In the upcoming referendum, I'm working as a Polling Clerk in Dublin, but I'm registered to vote at home in my home constituency in Connacht. Through a convoluted process, I eventually manged to succeed in getting onto the supplementary postal voting register, and they just sent it out to me in the post there at home.

However, I'm not at home - I'm in college in the middle of my exams, and I won't be finished up until Friday week (18th May). And from what I was told by the folks at home, it seems like there is no mention in the letter when the postal vote is due back.

...so, does anyone know when it is due back? I'm assuming that there's a point where it would be too late to send it off, and I would rather if I could leave it until after the Friday, when I am back home. If it needs to be in the post any sooner than Monday 21st May, though, I REALLY need to know ASAP.

Anyone know the answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Post it from home to you now and then post if off once filled in, still leaves plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HiberniaLG

Post it from home to you now and then post if off once filled in, still leaves plenty of time.

But I'm not at home, and I'm not really going to be home for a good several days, that's the point.

...or, wait, you mean that I shpuld get the folk to post it from home to me? Is that legal?

Advertisement