Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspection in regards to immigration

• 10-05-2018 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Today in work we were approached by two people claiming to be checking up on workers rights and immigration.

They asked to speak to some of the employees but after they left we realized they had only spoken to me.

They asked me the following:
    name.
    date of birth
    address
    my nationality
    my hours
    my wage
    my wage on a sunday
    if i worked bank holidays and how much my wage is for that.
    my holidays
    i did notice a slot for my PPSN number but they did not ask me that

Myself, my co-worker, my manager and shop owner were all a bit confused after this and im wondering is this normal? does an authority do random checks? and should i be concerned i was the only person asked these details? i was not the only person on the shop floor so it wasnt as if i was the only one around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NaNaNa1

In a past job we had NERA (National Employment Rights Authority) in a few times asking similar questions. Ours was because of a previously registered anon complaint so I'm not sure if they do random checks.

Did they show Id?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chickennuget

Did they show Id?

They showed my manager ID but flashed it quickly at both her and myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Yeah I wouldn't be happy with that. Contact NERA and ask if it was them. They should have given yourself and your employer time to look at the ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,600 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was this done on the open shop or were you brought somewhere private ??

I’m wondering were they casing the shop for a different purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    In a past job we had NERA (National Employment Rights Authority) in a few times asking similar questions. Ours was because of a previously registered anon complaint so I'm not sure if they do random checks.

Workplace Relations Commission do that now. Further info on what they do available here - http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/WR_Bodies/WRC/WRC.html

Advertisement