Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia stage 6 Caltanissetta - Etna 164 km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

does he ever stop smiling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yates could live to regret not taking the 10 seconds.

Not picking up an additional four bonus seconds is probably worth a gamble to keep your team mate (who is also a rival) happy

Yeah good point, and as Yates said in the interview Chavez deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Haha, playing the intro to the live version of Heavy Fuel by Dire Straits on the podium.

Yeah good point, and as Yates said in the interview Chavez deserved it.

It could all backfire of course if Chaves doesn't help Yates later on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Yates looks amasing but we ahve seen him tire before
    Chaves looks great but we have seen him tire before

Froome for me remains the main threat as he came in undercooked and look where he finished today

Dont see Dumoulin repeating his win though

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Yates looks amasing but we ahve seen him tire before

Have we ever seen Yates perform this good in a GT before? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Have we ever seen Yates perform this good in a GT before? :eek:

Well it may have been Adam who was great in the Tour but did tire

He does look invincible but there remains a long way to go ...that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yates could live to regret not taking the 10 seconds.
    You'd think he'd bare in mind velogames too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I never realises chaves is an 11yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Did you see the size of Flecha compared to Chaves & Yates?

They both must be tiny or else he is a monster.

Hard to figure out Froome, is he really just clinging on by his finger nails or is he just riding normally?

Although i thought he was really breathing hard yesterday, never saw that before. Sky team seems to be struggling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Although i thought he was really breathing hard yesterday, never saw that before.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

I didn't mean that as a joke about inhalers, I just thought that Froome is usually quite serene, yesterday he really looked to be struggling.

Elissonde was behind him making faces, and the rest of the team was nowhere.

Maybe they gave a few of the lads the day off, told them to ride the climb at their own pace, try save energy for when it's really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The Cycling Podcast for yesterdays stage had an interview with I think it was George Bennet, and they asked does he look at his rivals before deciding to attack. He made some comment about Froome always looking bad/ uncomfortable on the bike, even at the start of a flat stage! :)

Sky have some incredible bike riders on this team but they don't seem to be as strong as a unit like we've seen sky teams in the TdF in recent years.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The Cycling Podcast for yesterdays stage had an interview with I think it was George Bennet, and they asked does he look at his rivals before deciding to attack. He made some comment about Froome always looking bad/ uncomfortable on the bike, even at the start of a flat stage! :)

Yeah it was the Kiwi George Bennett.

He was asked by Daniel Friebe about looking at the body language of his rivals. He said that he doesn't try to analyse body language as it's too hard. He gave the example that Froome often looks like he is going to be dropped during a flat stage :pac:

He also used the word sh*t a few times during the interview as well which I found funny :pac:

Macy0161 wrote: »

the 2 lads were sitting in a que of team cars and buses recording the podcast waiting to board the ferry at 920 last night to the mainland. riders must have be well f****d by the time they got to their hotels. though brailsford was ok he got a chopper off etna at the end of the stage

Advertisement