Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free me from this broadband Kafkaesque nightmare

Options
  • 10-05-2018 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Eir

Moved house. Signed up to Eir broadband contract. Got email with appointment for modem to be dropped off.

Waited in all morning. Guy came to drop off modem, couldn't find a phone line outlet despite Eir saying there was one. Said it would need to be installed and the company would arrange this.

No contact from Eir except to resend me the same email with the same appointment time, which had already passed. It helpfully reminded me to stay in for this appointment time, which was in the past.

Few more days pass. Nothing from Eir.

Tried to call Eir. Was asked to enter account number. Entered account number on the email I got when setting up my direct debit. Computer says no. Tried again. Tried again. Tried again. Was unable to speak to a human, because apparently account number Eir sent me is not recognised by Eir.

Got a letter confirming my direct debit set up. 

Great. I am now signed up to pay €53 a month for 18 months (not the 12 months the website indicated, which is a nasty little surprise, but whatever) for a service I can't get installed or even phone up to talk about getting installed.

Help please. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

This exact situation happened to me. Be warned. It took me over a year to sort out with 20+ calls to Eir , 2 complaints to ComReg and a letter to Eir CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Moomintroll99

I am still within the 14 day cooling off period, so thinking I will just cancel and go with another provider. 

Except to cancel, I need to call 1901. And to speak to someone to cancel, I need to enter my account number - and enter the Kafkaesque 'Eir Customer Service Spiral of Madness' which you must know so well.

I am so, so ready to write those 2 letters of complaint to Comreg and the Eir CEO. 

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Moomintroll99

This exact situation happened to me. Be warned. It took me over a year to sort out with 20+ calls to Eir , 2 complaints to ComReg and a letter to Eir CEO.
    Delighted to report that I managed to get through to cancel the whole thing! Happy days. Now I can find a provider who is easier to contact!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Grrat news. Just keep an eye that they don't start billing you. I cancelled many times but still ended up getting bills - which included calls, despite not having a phone line running to the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Delighted to report that I managed to get through to cancel the whole thing! Happy days. Now I can find a provider who is easier to contact!
    I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm also sorry to hear we've lost you as a customer.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Grrat news. Just keep an eye that they don't start billing you. I cancelled many times but still ended up getting bills - which included calls, despite not having a phone line running to the house.
    Agreed. Definitely phone up your bank and make sure any direct debit with Eir is cancelled or you might get some 'accidental' charges.

Advertisement