Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Balloon Flights - a complete waste of money

Options
  • 10-05-2018 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

We got a (very generous) present of a hot air balloon flight last year.
    It was combined with a nights stay + dinner in Knightsbrook hotel.
    Now I understand that the nature of hot air balloon flights is they require calm weather (but not too calm, i.e. a little wind) but we have waited almost a year, re-booked it 9 times, and still haven't got off the ground.
    To me, packaging this with a hotel stay is a complete scam - there is little or no chance you'll get a day where the flight goes off on the same day as you stay in the hotel. It is a complete and utter scam.
    There must be lots of other people with the same vouchers, waiting to use them. I actually feel like the people who bought us this have been completely scammed out of their money.

To anybody thinking of giving somebody a present of it - avoid like the plague, it will cause the people more hassle than it is worth, even with the best will in the world.

Advertisement