Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I set up banking online?

Options
  • 10-05-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭

I spent the last 30 minutes on hold trying to set up online banking.  It's nuts. You have stupid recordings of the wonderful things I can do on 365 banking but not a single one to tell me how much longer I'll be waiting or where I am in the quque. I gave up after 30 minutes because I had no Idea how long i'd be waiting. When I made the call it said 5 minute wait.

Ok so phone is out of the question. I am autistic & phones are stressfull at the best of times but I'm not able for the 30 minute hold. 

Can I set it up online? Can you set it up for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Sleeper12,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear you had difficulty getting through the phone options. If you've recently opened your account you should have received a text message advising how you can self-register for online banking in the phone self-service system. You can also call 0818365365 and select option 1 for Personal, then option 2 to register for online banking or for help with your 365 PIN, then option it's 1 to register for online banking. This can't be done online or through this forum.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi Sleeper12,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear you had difficulty getting through the phone options. If you've recently opened your account you should have received a text message advising how you can self-register for online banking in the phone self-service system. You can also call 0818365365 and select option 1 for Personal, then option 2 to register for online banking or for help with your 365 PIN, then option it's 1 to register for online banking. This can't be done online or through this forum.

Thanks
    Tara
    I've tried all of that.

Can I suggest changing the recorded messages while on hold to inform the caller where they are in the queue & roughly how long they will be waiting

Hi Sleeper12,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll ensure to pass this on. Can you please let us know, is this a new account you've opened and if so, did you receive the text with instructions on how to register?

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll ensure to pass this on. Can you please let us know, is this a new account you've opened and if so, did you receive the text with instructions on how to register?

This acc was opened in 1985. I used online banking from the late 90s but this one got blocked about 5 years ago. Three failed attempts & I was locked out. Like I said I'm autistic and find phones difficult.

I'll see if I can get someone to phone up for me.

Hi Sleeper12,

For help with setting this up, you can call into any branch with photo id and an adviser will contact the phone team for you. We wouldn't be able to speak to a third party to register your account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement